Rhode Island

Newport Naval Station

Hey everyone.....I am having my reception at the Newport Naval Station Officers Club.  My fiancee and I are looking to get the seal and send invitations.  However I was wondering if anyone has any experiance with having a reception there and suggestions on how to handle the invitations and such.

Thanks

Re: Newport Naval Station

• Hi! I'm also an Officer's Club bride. Our date is July 12, 2014, what about yours?
    Have you been in touch with Wendy in their catering office? I'm sure she'll have all the information you need about possibily using the Navy seal on your invitations. She's been so helpful coordinating our wedding so far (she even arranged for a tasting for us before we put down our deposit-- they had never done one before, so I'm so glad we asked!).

Good luck and happy planning!

Amanda
  • Mine is June 22 of next year.  I have been in touch with Wendy lots.  Its not needing the navy seal or anything that I am trying to figure out, but how to really do the invitations since I need to let everyone know about getting onto the base and also to make sure that I get everyone's names correctly for gate admittance. 
    I didn't know that they would do a tasting, so I might have to let my parents know since I am planning this from down in South Carolina.  My parents are up in RI. 

THanks for the thoughts
  • My friend had her wedding there and she did not include any instructions in the invitation. She had to spread it by word of mouth and on their website. I would ask the coordinator what her recommendation would be to ensure all guests have identification on them and understand the procedure. I would personally put it on the reception insert and your website but your coordinator should have suggestions.
  • I am having my reception there Sept 2013! I will be sending certain instructions with directions to get to the Base and to get on Base. Also, I am going to write something asking them to correctly spell their/their guest names.

I also didn't know we could do a tasting! I may have to look into that.
  • Hi ladies, Wendy arranged a tasting for my family and I at our request (and expense-- we paid for it). It was the first time they had ever done it, and I'm pretty sure that it happened because of my family connections on the base. However, please feel free to mention us to Wendy if you ask about a tasting. It was a lovely experience and it solidified our choice of venue. We put our deposit down for the Grand Ballroom that very day. :)
    Feel free to PM me for more info.
  • I am doing the Officer's Club on November 3rd.  I did my invites on VistaPrint and put a note on the RSVP card asking for each guest name to be written as is appears on photo ID.  On the Invitation I put a note saying everyone needs a photo ID to get to the reception.   Then using our web page and word of mouth to relay the information as well in case anyone missed it.

RSVPs should be starting to come in over the next few days so we'll see if people followed instruction!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_newport-naval-station?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:54731ff6-914b-435c-922c-5180721b1a21Post:013b73e1-5746-4a8e-9ed5-2a3b2103483b">Re: Newport Naval Station</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am doing the Officer's Club on November 3rd.  I did my invites on VistaPrint and put a note on the RSVP card asking for each guest name to be written as is appears on photo ID.  On the Invitation I put a note saying everyone needs a photo ID to get to the reception.   Then using our web page and word of mouth to relay the information as well in case anyone missed it. RSVPs should be starting to come in over the next few days so we'll see if people followed instruction!
    Posted by JulieTim09[/QUOTE]

Ok thats awesome to hear because that is what I was planning to do but wanted to see if there were anyother ideas out there!  Thanks so much
  • I had my reception there!  You will absolutely loved it.  In terms of tne invitation, we made sure to add an extra note saying that everyone had to have a photo ID with them and that I need to have everyone's name as it appeared on the photo ID. We also had a lot of out of town guests so i made sure to put a reminder insie the welcome bag.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards