Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Tulle and Lights on the head table????

How do you (if anyone else did this) attach lights to the head table with tulle. I want to swag white tulle and put white lights underneath it, but i'm not sure how it would hold it up. Anyone have any ideas? I am pretty sure I can't tack or tape anything to the tables. But it is going to be over the table cloths anyways. hmmm??

Re: Tulle and Lights on the head table????

• Options
    the 3M mini hooks work great...and they're clear
    Anniversary
  • Options
    wrap the tulle around the lights rather loosely so the tulle isn't pulled too tight. Then swag it, hanging it on simple stocking holders which rest on the top of the table.  Try to find just plain stocking holders so there aren't any Christmas-themed things at your reception.  Then, you've gotten around the "i can't use tape" thing, and it will gracefully hang.  If you get the regular small rolls of tulle, then wrap it in a spiral fashion kind of like a electrical cord wrap is (coiled).  The width of the tulle will help keep it from looking like "wrapped lights" but it will have a little glimmer of elegance.

Also, consider getting the silver tulle instead of white, the extra sheen will be very romantic.

Hope that helps! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards