Missouri-Kansas City
Options

What season do I even want???

Hi all,
I asked this question over in the "Wedding Woes" forum, and I didn't like my responses. People didn't seem to take my question seriously, but it's a legitimate concern of mine with planning.

Anyway, deciding on a season has been an issue for me since we got engaged in October 2011, but I haven't posted yet on the forum about this. 

So far, we've toured several reception sites, met with and decided on what photographer we'll want, and attended a bridal show. But I still have no clue what season I should consider for scheduling the wedding.

With KC, I scratched July and August off the list. We'll be drenched in sweat even if we take a few quick pictures outside! For the same reason - extreme weather - I also don't really like the idea of winter, either. And, my concern with May or June is that we may not get good guest turnout because guests will also be dealing with graduations and other weddings during those months.

The reception venues we've toured do not have cheaper rates during "off" seasons, so the money is not the issue here. My colors are eggplant and gray, which seem to be cold weather colors.

I just can't decide.  What are your thoughts?

PS - We're planning for an indoor wedding, if you were wondering.

Re: What season do I even want???

• Options
    I think early October would be a good time for KC. Shouldn't be too hot or too cold.  I don't think it rains all that much then either. We're doing early September because of a deal we got otherwise we were looking at October or early November.  
  • Options
    As far as weather is concerned, in KC, you will never be able to plan around it!  It can snow in April and be 90 in October!  You're right about graduations and weddings in May and June, some people missed my wedding due to other events.  However, I chose my date based on significance to me, and as long as my bridal party and immediate family were available, then too bad so sad for everyone else! Laughing

I love the colors you chose, I think those would work well in Feb/March or in the Fall as well.  But, really, colors are just colors at the end of the day and if you like them you could use them in July!!! 

I would talk with your FI and see what his favorite time of year is and see if anything has any meaning to you.  If not, then decide on a time line that works...6 months, 1 year, etc and then find an open date at your venue of choice.

Good luck!!  Let us know what you decide!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards