Wedding Party
Options

Groomslady and Bridesman attire

We are going to have a male attendant on my side and a female attendant on my fiancee's side. We are having a hard time deciding what they should wear. Our groomslady does not want to wear a dress, but I also don't want her to look too masculine which I worry about if she's in a suit. My bridesman will wear whatever, but we definitely want to do something to distinguish him from the groomsmen. Any ideas?

Re: Groomslady and Bridesman attire

• Options
    There are plenty of feminine pantsuits out there.  She can either wear pants and a blouse in the same color as the bridesmaids, or just a white or black blouse.  Unless she's actually wearing the same tux as the guys, she's not going to look masculine.

For the bridesman, what are the groomsmen wearing?
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I would just go shopping with the groomswoman and see what looks nice on her. Look for a dressy evening pantsuit, for example. Or maybe some nice black pants and a silky blouse in your wedding color.

I would ask the bridesman to wear a tux or a suit to match the groomsmen, but get him a tie in the same color as your bridesmaids' dresses. If the groomsmen are already going that, maybe get him a tie in your other wedding color. Or a different flower in his boutonniere.
  • Options
    A woman's suit with a nice blouse won't look masculine.  If she was shopping in the men's department or buying a tux, maybe.
    http://www.ricofashions.com/catalog4.html

Ditto malphabet on the bridesman attire.
  • Options
    Why doesn't the groomslady want to wear a dress? What we are doing is having the Best Woman, (we are going with the title 'honor attendant for the groom'), wear the same dress as the bridesmaids, but in a black color with a sash the same color as the bridesmaids dresses. But our lady didn't have an issue wearing the dress. If she really hates dresses than I would go with PP ideas, have her get a nice pantsuit with a blouse the color of the bridesmaids dresses.

I think as long as she wear a ladies suit and doesn't wear a tie, then she will still look nice and feminine. Think Ellen Degeneres, she is always wearing nice pantsuits.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards