Massachusetts-Boston

Florist Recommendations?

I'm looking for your recommendations for budget friendly or reasonably priced florists.

TIA!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Florist Recommendations?

• edited December 2011
    Jen Cahill - The Tangled Web
    I have found her to be very reasonable. She works out of her home in Pembroke.
    Married September 25,2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Vendor Reviews
  • megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nicole Pirani- Blooms of hope

http://www.bloomsofhopefloral.com/

She works out of her house too. She is affordable and will work with your budget, I also love that she gives a portion of her proceeds to charity.
  • edited December 2011
    a second bride for The Tangled Web - totally affordable, stays within your budget and Jen is awesome to work with (and I changed my mind a million times over!)

http://www.the-tangled-web.net/
  • edited December 2011
    Third for The Tangled Web. :o) Jen did an amazing job! And like bostonbride214, I changed my mind a lot (a few changes even 3 weeks before!) and she totally made everything awesome.
  • edited December 2011
    Lyndsey Loring in NH is very reasonably priced.  I was going to do my flowers myself until I found her.  She also works out of her house, so overhead is low.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Suzanne at Bella Floral, very happy so far!
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I used The Candy Jar: Designs in Bloom in Pembroke.  Kim, the owner, was great--quote was $500 less than TTW and I was very satisfied with her work.  She was very receptive to my input and adjusted blooms and style to accommodate our budget and vision.

I do think Jen's work (Tangled Web) is lovely and quite competitively priced for what you get, too.
    Wedding Date: January 16th, 2010

Cycle #5: BFP on June 14, 2011 -- Due Date: February 23, 2012 -- Born: February 26, 2012
  • winterclassicwinterclassic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using a company called WInston Flowers
  • edited December 2011
    Kelly Harris http://www.beautifulbloomslive.com/About.html She also works from home and is very reasonably priced. I also met with Suzanne at  Bella Floral and really liked her as well. So far I LOVE Kelly. She did a centerpiece for me to see and I loved it!
  • mkjasanimkjasani member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Madison Chae at Edison Florals... and much to my surprise Winston Flowers (which is who we went with).  I met with several florists and Edison and Winston were the only ones that came within my budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We used Suzanne Bellanger from Bella Floral Design and highly recommend her.  I have pics of our actual flowers in my bio (link in siggy - under Flowers).  My review is also in there (under Vendor Reviews).  She was great to work with and our flowers looked amazing.  And I thought her prices were very reasonable, especially given the amount and quality of what we got.  She'll definitely work with you to stay within a budget.  Here's her website

Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Judy's Village Flowers out of Foxboro. She's been great to work with so far and I've heard good reviews!
  • edited December 2011
    Another vote for Jen Cahill... She is amazing, super responsive, and very reasonably priced!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Judy @ Judy's Village too., for our centerpieces. She's been great.  She had created a sample centerpiece that was on display at our venue's food tasting and I loved it.  Over the past week I have changed the flowers 3 times, and each time she has been wonderful.  She got my latest vision down to a tee.
    Our centerpieces were included in our package, so not sure on the price, but she does do fantastic work.

Our bouquets are being done by a family friend at The Potting Bench in Braintree.  I am totally not a flower person, but I brought in some pics of what I liked and she was able to see the style I was going for.  She came up with a great arrangement for me and the bridesmaids. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Stepmom to: Lizzie (4); Justin (10); and Cameron (13)
    Mom to 3 angels: Baby 1 MC 2/13/09 @ 7 wks; Baby 2 CP 11/5/10 @ 5 wks;
    and Brendan - Late Loss 4/27/11 @ 20 wks

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Winston Flowers.  Now, they are notoriously expensive, BUT I think only if you are set on a particular flower, arrangement, etc.  We didn't require many flowers (esp since we did non-floral centerpieces), so we had:

1 bridal bouquet
    5 corsages
    5 bouts
    8 pew end decorations in the church
    1 large bouquet for the bar/reception

We gave them a $1-2k total budget, but said we were open to using any kind of flower.  We just gave a general idea of what we wanted.  Our total price including fees was around $1k.  Our flowers were all bright, colorful, and they used lots of tropicals.  We had peonies, calla lilies, orchids, pin cushions and bright leaves/foliage--oh, and a few things we didn't know what they were! :)

We had a general idea of what our designer was going to do, but didn't know exactly how anything was going to look ahead of time.  We loved everything though.  Depending on how flexible you can be, they will definitely work with any budget.
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Jeff & Company - out of RI but does Boston area weddings as well - was fantastic.  A great guy, worked out in LA for a famous florist company before moving back east, is really nice and super flexible with the budget.  Highly recommend!
  • edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards