Illinois-Chicago

I was a bad bride today...

So FI and I work in the same office. There have been a ton of packages coming to us - shower gifts and things we are ordering for the wedding.

So today a package arrives in his name and our office admin put it on my desk thinking it was yet another wedding thing I ordered. I open it and see the word pearls on the packing slip....freaked out and closed it right away. I tried to cover it up and make it look like I didn't open it, but he totally noticed and knew I did.

So I ruined my wedding gift!  Frown
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I was a bad bride today...

• barbbhowwbarbbhoww member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HA.  I'd come clean.  I'd be way too stressed about keeping it a secret.  But pearls are lovely!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Aww, it's the thought that counts, still sounds like a great gift and you will still be surprised with what type of jewlery it is right? Necklace, braclet, earings, etc. It could be a good thing if you want to plan ahead and wear it as part of your jewlery on your wedding day! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SeaAggieAlliSeaAggieAlli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know the feeling.  Maybe next time FI should mention (to admin)  that he is expecting a package and to keep an eye out for it.  My boss does that to me all the time when he is expecting gifts for his wife.

Hey accidents happen and who knows it will be a funny story later on;) 

Good luck

• edited December 2011

At least you aren't my friend, who signed for her engagement ring after the shipper sent it to the wrong address (they sent it to the home/billing address instead of his business address, as was requested)... so she signed for her own ring and knew he had it.

That said, I'd probably come clean too - it was an innocent mistake! It's not like you were at home, snooping, and came across it. He should understand...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards