Ohio-Toledo

Ceremony Sites

Just as I think we're getting somewhere with the reception venue, they throw me a curve ball and tell me they don't have a ceremony space.  I'd prefer not to do the ceremony in the hall.  My fiance and I were both raised catholic but he has absolutely no desire to do any of the pre cana stuff so a Catholic church is out.  We're expecting about 200 people to come to the reception so we're thinking we should have a ceremony site that fits at least 150 people (a lot of locals who I know would want to see the ceremony and all my out of towners will) but I would prefer it wasn't outside because I don't want to worry about bad weather.  The chapel affiliated with the Wolcott house only fits about 100 and my fiance went to a wedding there once and hated it because of the heat.  Any ideas?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
182 can't wait to partyimage
76 are missing all the funimage

Re: Ceremony Sites

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're inviting 200 people to the ceremony and reception, I'd find a venue that will seat 200.  There are far too many horror stories of knotties that couldn'accomodate everyone.  You never know how many people will RSVP yes!

That being said, I don't have much other advice.  You were leaning toward the french quarter right?  I was at a graduation party there in a large conference room about 5 years ago.  I don't know if those rooms still exist, but perhaps you could rent one of those.  The room itself would be really plain and boring, but will some quick decorating it would look just fine.  It would also be super convenient for you and your guests.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pre-cana is only 1/2 day of your time on a Saturday morning.

It's not really a big deal at all in Toledo.  Toledo is pretty lax compared to other diocese.  Are you baptizing your future children Catholic?  Then you should probably get married in a Catholic church.  Pre-cana is really not a big deal...

FWIW, my ceremony only cost $75 in a Catholic church.  So if cost is a factor, that may be the way to go too.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards