March 2013 Weddings

Registry- Done!

This weekend was finally a weekend of no real plans and we decided to get caught up on some house chores and wedding errands. After a day of cleaning and getting the house together my fiance suggested we go to Target and do our gift registry. I got a coupon in the mail for a $25 gift card if i started a registry with 10 things on it. We were already planning on registering there so it was perfect.We had a blast. It was a lot of fun to go and scan thing and make decisions as what we want to mold our new home into.
On Sunday we decided to just go knock out Bed, Bath, & Beyond so we could update the wedding website. With save the dates out I was asked if we planned on registering, so i figured now was the time. It was a different experience at BB&B. They assign you a "Registry Consultant" and that person helps you walk around the whole store and point out what most people need in the home and what some top registered items are.Our consultant was really awesome, but I did feel a little more rushed because I didn't wanna sit and look at every little kitchen gadget. We still enjoyed it and did most of our registry here.

Has everyone else already done theres? I was afraid of doing it too soon and have things go on clearnace too soon.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Registry- Done!

• Yay for getting it done! I guess some of FI's relatives and family friends have been asking about our registry already. We will probably do it sometime this month. We want to do Target since there's one pretty much everywhere and Bed Bath and Beyond because the sheets I want are there :-) I think I'll tell them to not give me a "consultant" though. I don't want someone following us around telling us what to register for. I see why it's helpful to some people, but it's not for me, haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • We registered at Target back in June before we sent out our Save the Dates. I have updated it a bit online since then because now there is holiday stuff we can register for. We weren't planning on registering anywhere else since we already have a house with quite a bit of stuff and Target has most everything else we need.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're going later this month when we get a free Saturday. We're definitely doing BBB and we're deciding between Macy's and Crate and Barrel for the other one. We got that $20 coupon too, so we'll probably do a Target registry for the GC and completion discount, but we won't tell anyone about that one. We have a daughter and when we did our Target registry for my baby shower the returns were way too big of a hassle, things didn't come off of it, and it was just bad. I love Target, but their registry sucks. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we got a little done online but we want to go in person soon. we are registered at bed, bath, & beyond.
  • We did our registry at BBB and Macy's and have had great experiences with both. We were surprised that the registry consultant at BBB walked with us the whole time, it might have been more fun if it was just the two of us, but she was really nice and helpful so we didn't mind too much. I've heard you can just tell them you don't need their help if you want to do it yourself.

I think we did our registries about 2 weeks ago. Macys didn't have all of our Fiestware pieces available online at first, but now they do so I hope that stays the same. One of my two bridal showers is the first weekend of November so people are already starting to buy things, I'm getting SO excited :) My other shower is in PA in February and everyone keeps telling us that they will jsut send our gifts to us (since we are OOT), which is really nice of them, but then what do we do at a shower with no gifts or just pictures of the gifts in cards? Awkward! We'll see how it goes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is further down on our to do list, but we should really get started. Good for all of you that already have this checked off! Has anyone done an online registry? Like one spot for guests to go but links to multiple stores?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_registry-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:ad49693d-fbe5-4d26-9df7-b84104234d2ePost:a740c02b-bb6a-464c-89a0-853e61b61f6c">Re:Registry Done!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is further down on our to do list, but we should really get started. Good for all of you that already have this checked off! Has anyone done an online registry? Like one spot for guests to go but links to multiple stores?
    Posted by mysoulloves[/QUOTE]

I haven't made one myself, but Amazon wish lists are good for this type of thing. From what I understand you can put pretty much anything on there. FI has wanted me to make one for Christmas but I've found it easier to make ones at specific stores. Not sure why I like doing it that way better but that's me I guess lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • We just did our registry today at BBB! It took like 2 hours and we only have like 50 things so far lol. We're also doing the Target one so we'll have more things but I feel like we need more, haha. Anyways, it wasn't too bad. The consultant didn't follow us around, just checked in with us a few times to see how we were doing and make a few suggestions. We thought about doing our Target one today too but I was shopped out lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_registry-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:ad49693d-fbe5-4d26-9df7-b84104234d2ePost:a740c02b-bb6a-464c-89a0-853e61b61f6c">Re:Registry Done!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is further down on our to do list, but we should really get started. Good for all of you that already have this checked off! Has anyone done an online registry? Like one spot for guests to go but links to multiple stores?
    Posted by mysoulloves[/QUOTE]

My friend got married in August and they had an Amazon.com registry. This was the best for them, because most of it was shipped for free to the base they were moving too. It also gave her a better way to register for some of the exact things she wanted. She wasn't pleased with some of the designs she found in stores on items.

I am not sure about having mulitple sights linked... I just included the registry info and website on our wedding website so they could click from that if they needed too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_registry-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:ad49693d-fbe5-4d26-9df7-b84104234d2ePost:91fa1ee9-e6ff-427b-9176-478630c21422">Re: Registry- Done!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just did our registry today at BBB! It took like 2 hours and we only have like 50 things so far lol. We're also doing the Target one so we'll have more things but I feel like we need more, haha. Anyways, it wasn't too bad. The consultant didn't follow us around, just checked in with us a few times to see how we were doing and make a few suggestions. We thought about doing our Target one today too but I was shopped out lol.
    Posted by jennipea382[/QUOTE]

We were there a little over 2 hours too. lol.I wanna go back and walk around again without a consultant. just to really browse through some of the things i wanted too in the kitchen gadgets. I have already played with it online and price checked items between target and BBB on the registry. As I walk around the house now I tend to pay a little more attention to things I would really like. We have lived together for over 2 years, in the house over 1 year... so we have a lot of what we "need". but a lot of it was hand me downs and cheap finds. So I am using this time to upgrade to things we would like to build our family with. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards