Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

SA Wednesday

2»

Re: SA Wednesday

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:f3860caf-2e89-4c84-bdd9-b0413a367c0d">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong> 2nd or 3rd cousin??</strong> You're nice to invite family that distant! FI's family is monstrously huge, we had to cut it off at 1st cousins. Certain 2nd cousins are invited, but they are the ones we see more than once every 5 years. The rest will hear about it through the grapevine.
    Posted by kristan1022[/QUOTE]

That STD that we got a couple of months ago?  Bill has met that chick literally twice in his life and he's 37.  She's 23.  No freakin' way.
  • Kathleen, don't feel too bad.  We invited a bunch of MIL's cousins because she has actually kept in touch with them all her life and they are a big part of H's life.  It was crazy.  I got her to let me not invite ALL her cousins, but some of them ended up coming anyway as drivers for their parents, H's grandmother's siblings, who were all also invited.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:5dee2e0a-89aa-4c40-bfa7-53a561f1df7b">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : That STD that we got a couple of months ago?  Bill has met that chick literally twice in his life and he's 37.  She's 23. <strong> No freakin' way.</strong>
    Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

<div>People are just shameless. Sometimes I wonder if they put together a list of people they KNOW won't come just to send them an invite and hope for an extra gift.</div>
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am worried about how to handle children. I can't say that they aren't invited because some of my FI's Best men will only come if they can bring their wives and children since they will be driving from New Orleans. Plus my cousins want to be able to bring their few children. I have NO where to keep children at the reception and it is a smaller venue. So we will see how well this works out. I'll prob contact my vender to find what other guests have used. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:675ef7e3-ff93-4c0f-aec2-648bc53c39ca">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am worried about how to handle children. I can't say that they aren't invited because some of my FI's Best men will only come if they can bring their wives and children since they will be driving from New Orleans. Plus my cousins want to be able to bring their few children. I have NO where to keep children at the reception and it is a smaller venue. So we will see how well this works out. I'll prob contact my vender to find what other guests have used. 
    Posted by roseofdeborah[/QUOTE]

Typically children of WP/nursing babies are exceptions to the "no kids" thing. 

We invited all the kids we knew of.  I know that my husband's cousin's husband stayed at the hotel with their not-yet-one-year-old daughter during the ceremony so she could nap, and then she stayed for the whole reception.  She and BIL's kids were pretty much the stars of the reception.  Our group of guests with children was pretty small, though.
    Anniversary

• edited February 2012
    Hi. I miss you all. I am so busy at work, and it doesn't help that I am already in honeymoon mode.

BLAH!

I booked our two tours to Sonoma and Napa yesterday. They come into San Francisco to our hotel to pick us up and drop us off. Woohoo for me getting to drink as much as I want and not worry about how to get "home" :D
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:334a6574-d7b6-4f1d-9971-5bab8477c352">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : People don't take hints. That is the biggest thing I've learned in my 9 months of planning so far!  As far as the cost, we're figuring we will need 1 sitter for every 5-6 kids, with a designated sitter for each infant (child under 18 months) that parents decide they want to leave with our sitters. We're planning on paying the sitters $8 an hour, 4 or 5 hours depending on how the reception goes. So if we need 5 sitters for older kids and 2 sitters for babies, for 5 hours we'll be spending around $300. 90% of these kids are related and see each other throughout the year, so I'm not too worried about conflict.<strong> This, to us at least, is an expense we'll gladly take on because we want people to stay and celebrate, not leave just because they want to get home so they don't have to pay the sitter as much.</strong>
    Posted by kristan1022[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Agreed!  And that's not a bad price at all!  Totally worth it.  I think I may do some calling around and see what we can find... </div><div>
    </div><div>Glad to know I'm not the only one with this kind of problem!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • btw you ladies are the best! 

i've gotten slammed pretty hard because of my stance on kids and weddings, it got to a point where i finally just gave up and stopped talking about it all together. i'm glad i'm not the only one that feels this way!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:880baaf7-6a3e-402d-9856-dbfaffcb112e">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : Typically children of WP/nursing babies are exceptions to the "no kids" thing.  We invited all the kids we knew of.  I know that my husband's cousin's husband stayed at the hotel with their not-yet-one-year-old daughter during the ceremony so she could nap, and then she stayed for the whole reception.  She and BIL's kids were pretty much the stars of the reception.  Our group of guests with children was pretty small, though.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

<div>Ours is going to be pretty small as well, most likely between 5-7. I'm not having children in my wedding such as flower girl or ring so I guess in the end it will just kind of work out with their parents. Good to know that it does work out!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HI! Been in OK all day and finally back to the office to start my day of work! :)

I guess we're lucky that none of our friends have kids yet, except my bridesmaid who is pregnant right now, but her mom is coming into town to watch the kid all night long.
    The only other kids under 16 will be our two 4 year old flower girls, and they are direct nieces. Oh, and they're freaking awesome.
  • UGH what is THIS TinyPic? Sorry... will fix later. Just imagine a gorgeous semi-redheaded girl with a tall hipster Arkansas boy, and that can be my signature pic for now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards