• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
November 2011 Weddings

annoying people

What a long weekend it was... had one of my good friends in from out of town to celebrate her birthday, and she stayed with me for 2 nights. One of her friends who also lives kinda near me hung out with us too. It was fun, but the other girl had this super annoying way of talking with you. She would constantly try to finish your sentence while you were talking. It sounds so dumb, because it kind of is, but when it's almost every sentence, I got to the point where I just didn't want to talk anymore, it just felt weird to have a sentence completed by someone, where it wasn't an inside joke or something where it might make any kind of sense.

Me: I'm really looking forward to dinner, it's been a long time since we've hung out.
Her:                                                                                                        we've hung out.
Her: Yeah me too.
Me: Have you ever been to [restaurant name] before? I hear it's really good.
Her:                                                                                             really good.

Just dumb things like that. I can't think of specific examples, but most every sentence went just like that.

Then on Sunday night when my friend was flying out at 6:20 Monday morning, and I wanted to go to bed because I work on Monday (friend is getting a cab to airport), the other girl didn't get the hint to leave. It got to be almost 11:30, the movie we watched ended at around 10:00, and I just gave up trying to drop hints about how I had so much to do tomorrow, and how tired I was, blah blah blah. I finally left to go brush my teeth while they kept talking. Even after that it took a few minutes before she finally decided it was time for goodbyes. 

This was just a vent, but feel free to share your stories of annoying people in your lives. 
Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
Pomegranate Margarita

Re: annoying people

• We usually say something to our friends who don't get the picture like "I'm sorry, but I have to be up in the morning, so I have to kick you out." Our friends are really laid back, though, and I'm sure some people would be really off-put by that.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Vacation
  • BusyLizBusyLiz member
    10 Comments
    One, I would have yelled at her about the sentence finishing.  I have very low patience for stupid things like that. You're nicer than me. :)
    Two, we also kick people out when we're tired.  It's rude to overstay your welcome so I don't feel too bad asking people to leave.

My super number one annoyance is when people text/play with their phones while you're trying to have a conversation with them.
  • OMG Liz I totally agree! That's my biggest pet peeve when someone is texting while I'm talking to them. Especially one individual who gets lost in her text convo and I could stop mid-sentence and she wouldn't notice. 

And I wouldn't mind if someone kicked me out. Sometimes I don't realize it (but if you went to brush your teeth, I would totally get the hint, haha) when I'm overstaying my welcome. Then again, a lot of my friends are chill - for example, I went to dinner with an old friend a week ago and she stopped by to check out our apartment (after dinner) and we were both so tired we relaxed/watched TV for awhile. 
  • Lizzy42Lizzy42 member
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    I have a very good friend who does that. Makes me crazy, but I can't figure out why it happens.

H normally just falls asleep wherever he is around 9 or 9:30, so that usually gets people out of our house! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Oh, the sentence ending thing would totally get me too. That is ridiculous. I probably would've brought it up pretty quickly.

We have 3 or 4 18 year olds living upstairs. They constantly have people over and they're loud. Plus they leave the door open while blasting their music AND feel the need to scream over the balcony at people in the parking lot.

Lucky for them, we're moving out this month, otherwise I'd just go report them to the office because there is a policy of quiet in this complex and they could actually get kicked out for it. I've decided unless it's something really major I'll just let somebody else deal with it.
    Anniversary
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Cocktail:White Russian
    Photobucket
  • Oh my gosh I have a friend like that (not so much with the finishing sentence things, although I have seen people that do that and it is annoying!)

This friend is a very good friend, but he's a little socially awkward, and he doesn't pick up on normal social cues. Anyway, he will frequently overstay his welcome.  I always try dropping little hints here and there and it always ends up with me just having to say, "Well I hate to kick you out, but i've got to such and such".  

One time like the weekend after we got back from our honeymoon when i was hinting around he actually said "actually would it be okay if I stayed the night?"  I was like..um. no.  

Anyway, so I definitely feel ya there.  It can be rough.  
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    my read shelf:
    Savanna Funkhouser's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards