Connecticut
Options

Ceremony Question

FI and I got an RSVP from a couple that is only attending the ceremony, and not the reception. We weren't palnning to do a recieving line right after the ceremony- do we have any obligation to go out of our way to thank them for coming to the ceremony? Plan was to exit directly into the limo to start pictures, then greet everyone during cocktail hour. I don't think we do but I'm not sure so I figured I would check with you lovely ladies! I was thinking of writing a thank you not "thank you so much for attending our ceremony, it meant so much to have you both there. Sorry we couldn't chat!" or something??

Re: Ceremony Question

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Could your or FI's parents stop them just before or just after the ceremony and give them a personal thank you? You could tell your parents to say "Rswan and FI really wanted to get a chance to say hi today and thank you for coming. They're so sorry they couldn't thank you in person but they're really glad you came!"

Edit:  Care to share where you're going to take pictures? Also, ygm.
  • Options
    Maybe you could just ask them to stay for cocktail hour since you are greeting your guests then?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    They are Russian Orthodox, and that night is the big church ceremony for the Russian Orthodox Easter, so they have to leave immediatly after the ceremony. We are so greatful that they are attending and going out of their way to come, but we feel bad because we don't know how to greet them..
  • Options
    If you have a moment to thank them after the ceremony, that's great, but I definitely do not think you need to change your plan or do a receiving line after the ceremony just because they can't stick around.  I'm sure they know that by leaving early, they run the risk of not chatting with you.
  • Options
    I also don't think you have to go out of your way to find them after the ceremony to thank them. If you don't have an opportunity naturally to thank them, I would send them a note right way thanking them for being able to come to the ceremony.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_ceremony-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:e8765a0a-5700-4f9b-ad70-ee4433c75345Post:ac214638-9c12-47cd-b595-a2ce98b340a4">Re: Ceremony Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also don't think you have to go out of your way to find them after the ceremony to thank them. If you don't have an opportunity naturally to thank them, I would send them a note right way thanking them for being able to come to the ceremony.
    Posted by Jaridds68[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. They probably feel just as bad for not being able to stay, as you do for not being able to see them! Since you only have one couple that is doing this, you could just write a quick thank you note right after the wedding (or even write it before, and have it ready to mail out!) and just let them know how much it means to you that they were there, and that you wish you could've thanked them in-person...if they know anything about how hectic a wedding day is for the bride and groom, I'd imagine they understand :) Lol you are SO much like me, my mom and sisters tell me that I worry WAY too much about other people's happiness on my wedding day. I just want to make sure everyone has a great time and understands how much I appreciate all of them! Sometimes you just have to put yourself first and have faith that your loved ones will understand...if there's anytime to do that, it would be your wedding day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards