July 2013 Weddings
Options

How is FI with plannig?

He only has only wanted a say in three things so far! Food, invites and my reception dress!

He wants hamburgers and hotdogs and he wants me in something strapless and yellow. He also chose the less "girly" invites out of the two I found. Oh and of course he keeps a close eye on the budget! =)

Is your FI all into planning or more like mine who sits back and lets you have what "makes you happy"?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How is FI with plannig?

• Options
    My FI has been very laid back and hasn't been particularly passionate about anything in particular. He's big into the "I'll-choose-a-few-options-I-like-then-he'll-make-his-choice-from-that" type of mentality. lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    My FI is somewhat involved - he's handling the music entirely on his own, as well as what he and the guys are wearing.  And he is the director of biz dev at a graphic design firm, so our Save the Dates and Invites are very important to him.  AND food of course...Does that make his an involved FI?

Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I bring FI most of the final outcome of all the decisions. If he has an issue with it, he will say so. The GM and his wear is up to him-- I cant touch that. I would say he is opinioned and somewhat involved. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2012
    FI is useless. He just says he has no opinion 90% of the time. Oh well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    Mine is quite involved. He basically picked out our menu and had a say in BM dresses. He has had opinions on 99% of everything else we've done so far (except for my dress of course). I love it! Its not just my day, its OUR day :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My FI only wanted to have a say in the photographer, videographer and venue.  Everything else I have free reign!! Love him!!
    www.weddingwire.com/CandiceandKev
  • Options
    Not really. He lets me do all of it :). It does get frustrating though when I really need his opinion because I cant choose something. He will just say " what do you think?" or " Which do you prefer?" Well, if I knew that I wouldnt be asking, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Options
    mine is a lil of all yours.  meaning he is the type depending what we deciding on will pick a few outta something ive already chosen.  told me what he would love to see me in on our day  chose his tux outfit said i want a tie and vest and his GM get tie only.  hes quite involved but wants me happy as well :) gotta love him
  • Options
    Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2012
    FI is relatively involved. He designed the save the dates, and he helped pick out the venue. He doesnt go out and do anything by himself, I have to figure it out and then he will tag along. He asks questions when we meet with vendors and does have input.

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI wants to be more involved, but our limited contact makes it tough - thankfully, we planned a LOT out ahead of time. The only decisions I've really made without him are my dress and scheduling all our appointments for the next couple of weeks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_how-is-fi-with-plannig?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:b32b1cca-98d5-40ea-80f2-cc5733392082Post:91d2e6cb-b8df-4b61-bc87-3899d3098634">Re: How is FI with plannig?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI is relatively involved. He designed the invites, and he helped pick out the venue. He doesnt go out and do anything by himself, I have to figure it out and then he will tag along. He asks questions when we meet with vendors and does have input.
    Posted by DileniN[/QUOTE]

My FI is the same. He has helped in making final decisions about most of the big things, but hasn't been interested in doing the up front work of researching venues/vendors. It works. I've handed off the honeymoon to him, and he is excited about that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_how-is-fi-with-plannig?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:b32b1cca-98d5-40ea-80f2-cc5733392082Post:945dd5e3-06ba-4cc1-ac09-ee11f371d5b9">Re: How is FI with plannig?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How is FI with plannig? : My FI is the same. He has helped in making final decisions about most of the big things, but hasn't been interested in doing the up front work of researching venues/vendors. It works. I've handed off the honeymoon to him, and he is excited about that.
    Posted by RMcDougle[/QUOTE]
    FI is the exact same way, he will have the input but he doesnt want to do the legwork. I do think he is going to plan the honeymoon as well since he wants to do something tropical and all inclusive. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_how-is-fi-with-plannig?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:b32b1cca-98d5-40ea-80f2-cc5733392082Post:50912bca-d129-4d98-ac24-859fb761dec9">Re: How is FI with plannig?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How is FI with plannig? : FI is the exact same way, he will have the input but he doesnt want to do the legwork. I do think he is going to plan the honeymoon as well since he wants to do something tropical and all inclusive. 
    Posted by DileniN[/QUOTE]

I should add that from day one FI was excited for the cake tastings. lol.. it's good to get excited about something, at least, right?
  • Options
    FI pretty much goes with the flow, but I don't think he actually has any idea how many spreadsheets and binders and websites and notes, etc. I have on the go!  I discuss things with him as they come up for decisions and he's got input and great ideas, but he won't be the one to be like "I think we should order the invites now" or "we should set up a meeting with the DJ", etc.
    I think he is better at seeing the big picture, whereas I'm better at planning out the details/schedule.
    He's also much better at keeping tabs on the budget and negociating prices!

• Options
    My FI has been pretty involved, and I really hate to say that it hasn't been such a great thing. Don't get me wrong, I want his help and his opinions, but most of the things he has wanted to change about my suggestions are things that will make our wedding almost exactly like both of his sister's weddings, which were both incredibly boring and chaotic.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I let him choose the colors. I don't even know why. (Not that I'm complaining - I wouldn't have chosen dark blue and silver, but I'm happy with them.)

I also let him turn our elopement into a destination wedding to make his family happy, but when I pointed out all the aspects that added to my planning to-do list, he didn't seem to think he should have to help.

Anytime I ask for his feedback, he says "that's nice" or if I'm lucky "ooh!" Or he complains about how much it's going to cost. (We're spending less than $2k on our wedding, and he's complaining about cost.)

Today I told him that I wish he could get even half as excited about wedding plans as he is about the game. (FWIW we are BOTH gamers, it's actually how we met.) He said it's because the wedding is SO FAR AWAY (it's in a little over than seven months) and that he'll be progressively more excited as it gets closer.
    7.11.13 at the top of the Gateway Arch!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards