Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

How long will the hair last?

I am trying to schedule my hair appointment for the day-of, and from what my stylist suggested as far as time and everything, I should start my hair at like 1:30 or so in the afternoon for our 5:30 wedding, but I am concerned that if I have it done so early that it will start to fall apart or not look as good by the time the ceremony starts...

I will have a trial run on my hair about a month in advance, but my trial is scheduled for the evening, and chances are that I won't be able to stay awake long enough to test it out for as long as I will need it done up for the actual wedding.

FYI...I am thinking about doing something like this for my hair...

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How long will the hair last?

• Options
    my hair lasted from 9:30 am until 12:30 am (so 15 hours?) when I took out the pins and washed it, with a very hot and humid day. it took a LOT of bobby pins and hairspray, but it lasted. stylists usually know how to make wedding day hair last.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2010
    I agree with Pooh.  My hair lasted all night as you can see by my sig pic.  The curl did fall a little but not much.  I got my hair done at 2:00.  You should be fine.
  • Options
    If you're concerned can you reschedule your trial for like a morning time?
  • Options
    I did my hair in a similar style (relaxed updo, some front pieces out) in the morning (around 10 am) and it was fine all evening. Some shorter pieces fell out, and the front baby pieces started to show a bit after dancing until 11 pm.
  • Options
    because it's up you don't have to worry about curls falling or other troubles, your hair should be fine if she does a good job of anchoring the pins
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards