Florida-West Coast
Options

Am I being unreasonable?

Now that the wedding is getting close, we've started thinking about the other WR events (reh. dinner, Sunday brunch, etc). 
The day after our wedding, we leave for our HM on a cruise out of Tampa (wedding is on Longboat Key).  FI & I thought it would be nice to invite everyone to a breakfast, then we would leave for our cruise. 
My mom wants everyone to go back to her house (in Lakeland).  I told her after the breakfast, she can do whatever she'd like, but we didn't want to.  We feel like it would be too much running around.  I tried to explain our point of view & she said it's not that far & there will be plenty of time to do everything.  She got into an argument w/ me about this.  Not a big one, but she's definitely irritated w/ me.  Can't we just relax?
PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker

Re: Am I being unreasonable?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I def. would not want to drive from Longboat to Lakeland then to Tampa... She should understand this. Maybe print out GoogleMaps directions and show her the # of driving hours you would be doing and she what she thinks then....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    From Longboat Key to Lakeland? That sounds kinda far to me. Especially if you two are leaving for your cruise that day.  I would tell you mom that having breakfast at her house is a wonderful gesture but due to the distance maybe having something near Longboat Key would be better for everyone, including you and FI.  I don't think you are being unreasonable at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Um... no.  totally not doable. 

I'm wondering how we are going to get from Downtown Sarasota to my house on Siesta Key to the South Side Village (Sarasota) to the Sarasota airport all in one day...

Breakfast is fine the day after... around Sarasota.  May I suggest Libby's.  That is where we are having both the bridesmaids brunch before the wedding and a brunch the Sunday after the wedding (for Fi's brother's birthday)!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the girls.  I think it should be your choice first of you are the new wifey.  You make up your mind as to what will work for you and the hubby and stick to it!  Everyone ele will have to deal with it...and I am sure they will be fine!

GL
    On March 13, 2010 I reaffirmed the LOVE that I have for the MOST important man in my LIFE! And now it is Happily ever after...forever!!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I had been married before and I missed my brunch the day after because we left for our honeymoon.  I regret it now because I probably won't see most of them ever again.  There was so much going on at the wedding I didn't get to spend the time I wanted to with them.  It was apparently a lot of fun  because it was just casual and not high stress like the day of.  I can see your mom's point, but if it's just not feasible to do it, you can't do it.  Have you asked her if maybe the brunch can be closer to where you will be the next morning?  That way she won't feel like you're "missing" anything and you won't start your first married day just as stressed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards