Getting in Shape

now what?

So I was doing great..have to lose 3 inches to get into my dress by October 20. I fell this weekend and hurt my tailbone not sure if its bruised or worse but I can't put any pressure on it so now how can I still go about trying to get this weight off while it heals?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: now what?

• I would probably consult a doctor before us on this one...
    Anniversary
  • Consult a doctor- preferrably one with any sports background, they tend to get you back out there sooner.
    You might also just give it a rest for a week and let it heal up.
    I would think that you could swim and be okay.
  • Seeing a doctor isn't really an option right now unfortunately. I don't have any insurance. And already have about 1300 dollars in dr bills in hand plus was told today the insurance I had until the beginning of this month is refusing to pay on a 9000 dollar one from surgery I had in december on a hernia. I'm trying to get help with all the ones I've already received because they're going to file to collections. They're all related to the surgery and visits to the ER and scans done before hand. Not to mention I've been told by nurses there is nothing they can do even if I broke my tailbone it has to heal on its own and could take weeks! So that's why I came here for some other alternative exercise ideas that may not be a stress on that area. Swimming is a great idea but I don't have anywhere to swim.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I dont know what this cost in the US but here in Canada Chiropractic is a reasonable alternative. I have injured my tailbone in the past ( it really sucks so I feel your pain) My chiro was able to get me back in shape and feeling better in no time.
    FI is actually going to see one today for a running injury on his hip.

Again, I have no idea what the cost is like in the US but it may be something to consider.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm just a medical student, NOT a doctor, so please take this advice with a HUGE grain of salt . . . but I would say that you should definitely see a doctor if you're having any of the following:  shooting pains down your legs, any muscle weakness in your legs, and any bowel or bladder incontinence.  All of these could indicate that there might be some nerve damage.

Here is some information on coccyx fractures from WebMD:  http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/tailbone-coccyx-injury

I agree, you should probably avoid anything that hurts!  It would be best to see a doctor but I can understand why you can't.  Focusing on diet is the way to go.  Load up on the fruits and veggies for sure!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards