July 2012 Weddings
Options

Night before the wedding

Our advice over on the July '13 board made me wonder how much sleep everyone got the night before the wedding.

I had a few friends over and planned on getting to bed at midnight...but it was one instead.  And I forgot about this until now...I slept pretty well until one of my neighbors woke me up at 6.30, mowing his lawn.  I had my only bridezilla moment ever and decided to call the non-emergency line and report him as a noise violation.  Turns out, you can start mowing your lawn at 6am "because it's hot out there".  Ugh.

Re: Night before the wedding

• Options
    I slept very little. However I knew the reason and it had nothing to do with the wedding. I am very picky about pillows. I can't sleep if its not exactly right. In fact I haven't switched my pillow in a really long time because I can't find one I like. Well we were staying at the hotel and I left my pillow home :( So I barely got any sleep because I couldn't get comfortable.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got to sleep easier than i thought... I 'joked' with my BM for the month before about how i was gonna have to take gravol or nyquil or something to drug me to get me to go to sleep cause i'd be so excited lol I think we went to bed @ about 1 or 2 (intended 11 or 12 lol) and was up @ 7. I actaully woke up easier than normal too (NOT a monrning person) and my sis and I were jumping on the bed and shouting "I'm/My Sister's getting married to day!" :D with 2 of my other BM who stayed with us that night just laughing hehe
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_night-before-the-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a0340b50-9a25-44ca-87c8-b998df502460Post:d8928806-6e7a-4dd3-b7b6-fc93c7c3ee93">Re: Night before the wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I slept very little. However I knew the reason and it had nothing to do with the wedding. I am very picky about pillows. I can't sleep if its not exactly right. In fact I haven't switched my pillow in a really long time because I can't find one I like. Well we were staying at the hotel and I left my pillow home :( So I barely got any sleep because I couldn't get comfortable.
    Posted by dramaqueen91087[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean about the pillows.  Neither of us slept very well on the honeymoon b/c the hotel's pillows were way too thick.  I almost went out and bought a couple flatter ones for us.
  • Options
    rachael7183rachael7183 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012

Since we were all staying at the hotel where the wedding was and the rehearsal dinner was...we all went to the hotel bar after the rehearsal...I unintentionally drank one two many drinks...didnt go to bed til 1:30 am! And, had a slight hangover the morning of!! AH

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I slept a tad more than I thought I would, too. I think alcohol may have helped there, haha.

I left the RD after party at around 1 AM with the two BMs who were staying with me. We chatted for almost 2 hrs before getting into bed around 3. I was asleep by 3:30 and got up at 8... so slept about 4.5 hrs. I felt fine all the next day though - must have been running on adrenaline!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I drank a ton of wine so that I would sleep and the only thing that happened was I woke up with a slight headache. I maybe slept a total of 2 hours the night beforehand :( I wasn't even tired though - same as Bmore, it must have been adrenaline!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I fell asleep ok, but then I woke up every hour and by about 5 I couldn't go back to sleep. I wasn't sleeping that well the entire week leading up to the wedding either. I meant to take nyquil but I forgot. And with my sinus + ear infection it would have been really nice to sleep. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So late with this but I slept really well and had no problem falling asleep.  My MOH spent the night at the house with me and it SAVED ME!  I owe her so big time.  I really don't think I'd have slept because I would have thought of every little detail.  We talked about stupid stuff until we just fell asleep.  It was so like HS and it was perfect.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    I slept OK...4 of my BMs stayed over and we drank a bit more than I intended to, which would've helped me sleep well on a normal basis, but my sister stayed over and she took my side of the bed. Normally I am pretty picky, ALWAYS have to sleep on the left side, but it she went to bed before me, so I just let it go. Well, my dog always sleeps by my head, right next to the edge, and he was super confused, kept getting up, walking across me and then her to try to re-claim his spot, so I kept waking up when he stepped over me to call him back so he wouldn't wake her. 

I was not nervous at all, my wedding day felt like just another family party-I was super excited for it, and almost didn't want the day to arrive and be over, but was not anxious, etc. We had said we'd be in bed by midnight, and I kept willing the clock to slow down so our girls' night wouldn't end!
    ~ES~
  • Options
    I went to bed and read my book until about 1230 or so. Then finally felt tired enough to go to sleep. I woke up again around 230. I got up, went to the bathroom, had a couple tylenol then tried to go back to sleep. It was pointless! So I turned my lamp on again and read my book some more. At 430 I decided that I needed to sleep some more so turned the light off, put my phone away and closed my eyes. I remember having to make an effort to not open my eyes or look at the time. I don't really remember sleeping but I must have. I woke up about 715 and read for a bit longer because I didn't want to be up and about that early. I got out of bed around 8. 

So I guess I didn't really sleep well at all, but I didn't feel tired. Adrenaline is a wonderful thing!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I had a sleepover in a big suite at our hotel with my MOH and my two BFF BMs. They got me a bottle of champagne and snacks and we stayed up chatting till about 1am...then I tossed and turned ALL. NIGHT.  I probably got a solid 2-3 hours of sleep. We all got up at 6am for sunrise yoga :)
  • Options
    ILoveToRobotILoveToRobot member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I didn't sleep very much. We went for a drink after the rehearsal dinner. The entire hotel was booked by our guests and guess who was in the bar? Everyone lol so we ended up hanging out much later than intended. When we finally went to bed because the bar closed (11pm) everyone took the party to the parking lot and hotel balcony's. It was super loud but luckily I had drank a little which helped put me to sleep. THEN our hotel alarm went off an hour early than intended so I woke up at 5am. I think I got like 4 hours of sleep. My plan from day one was that I would sleep until I had to wake up for hair and makeup. That changed as soon as I realized the day before at our rehearsal that there was still so much to do.
  • Options
    Maybe 5-6 hours
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards