Outdoor Weddings
Options

Outdoor Wedding Date?

We're thinking about doing our ceremony only outside on October 1st in Kansas...some people are pretty leery about it being cold, which in Kansas, you never can tell.  But the last few years it's been in the 70's that time of year with no rain.  We really want a fall wedding either way... comments/suggestions?

Re: Outdoor Wedding Date?

• Options
    I would be leery too.  Determine if the outdoor wedding is worth the risk of it being cold and rainy.
  • Options
    I live in Illinois and its just as unpredictable but I went to an outside wedding mis Oct and it was fine sunny beautiful.  

We are doing outside in September we rented a shelter house as a back up
    wedding countdown
  • Options
    if you know that it's sometimes cold where you live in the fall....then I would advise against it or either be prepared to accommodate for the guests. (provide pashminas, heated tent, etc)
  • Options

Our date is Oct. 2nd in Iowa and yep its outside. We are dealing with the same problems.  As of now we think we will just go with an inside area for a back up in case it rains.

• Options

I'm also in the same boat.  I'm planning an outdoor wedding for Oct 15, in New York.  One year we had a terrible snow storm, this past year beautiful weather.  You never know.  I'm planning a backup location just in case.

• Options
    I'm having an outdoor wedding in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee on October 10. I have a backup indoor location if necessary.

I strongly urge anyone who is having an outdoor wedding ANY time of year to have an indoor backup. you never know when the rains will come!

MARRIED 10.10.10 !!

October 2010 Siggy Challenge - walking down the aisle!

• Options
    Im near St. Louis Missouri, Our date is October 10th. We are having our wedding outdoors, but having a back up plan. You never know if its going to rain, snow, or be 95 degrees in october around here, but Im willing to take the risk!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards