Ohio-Cincinnati

Photo kills! Help!?

So, I'm getting married 6.1.2013 but my sister just had her wedding on 10.14.2012. I had the following observations that are causing me concern.

During her wedding ceremony my grandpa was walking around with a videocamera, my stepmom was holding up her iPad in the middle of the aisle to take pictures... so therefore my sister couldn't even see the groom while walking down the aisle. Both of our wedding ceremonies are outdoors.

How to I address the issue of staying seated during the ceremony? Does the officiant need to say something before? Should there be a sign? Should I put it in the invitation/program?

Also, my crazy aunt (literally) followed around the photographers the entire time during the cocktail hour!! Even when my sister and her husband were doing the private pictures. I had to personally go up to her 3 times, the third time practically yelling to get her to go away. Some other family did this early in the picture taking process, but finally got the hint when they went to a private location (except my aunt).

Should I warn my photographer and have her address it? What are my options?

I don't want to make family mad and I understand they want pictures, but I don't know how to set appropriate boundaries. Plus, my college friend who is a film major is doing our videography as our gift and I'm paying a wonderfully professional photographer. I don't need everyone pretending they are an expert at the ceremony... I just want them to enjoy.

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Re: Photo kills! Help!?

• I think this is just something you personally need to address BEFORE the wedding. Not something you want to be dealing with on your wedding day. Period. There are photographers and videographers for a reason. If you want to butter them up, you could tell them that they will have access to order any pictures they'd like from the photographers website( if they have one). But yes, address it with these individuals before your wedding day.
    Anniversary
  • I tried addressing it with my aunt already immediately following my sisters wedding, I really don't think she took the hint though. I will have to be more firm with her, but again I don't want people to be mad. Wasn't sure if there was a nother way to get around it.
  • I saw this post by the company design aglow that might be a useful addition to your wedding day. Good luck! http://designaglow.com/design/wedding-guest-request-cards-no-cameras-please-have-arrived/
  • I attended a wedding where the officiant says before the ceremony something like "the bride and groom have asked that you please refrain from taking photos or moving around too much to avoid any distraction. The bride and groom have a photographer on hand to ensure photos of this joyous occasion will not be missed and so that they can share this day with all of you"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards