Registry and Gift Forum

Engraving Champagne Flutes - Help!

I bought some really nice flutes for my best friend (the bride) I want to get them engraved but it doesn't look like there is enough room to put both names on the flute and the date. Is it ok to just put her name and date on one flute and his name and date on the other?? I am not sure if that follows proper etiquette!!

Re: Engraving Champagne Flutes - Help!

• Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Could you maybe do their married monogram instead of names and dates?

DSC_9275
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_engraving-champagne-flutes-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:f0fbc5ae-abcc-4a25-b615-58b2716a08cePost:1b4baeff-15a9-48a4-bca9-94c8952622ee">Re: Engraving Champagne Flutes - Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your idea sounds fine although I might forgo the engraving.  That way if they use them after the wedding it won't be just about their wedding day/date but for all special occasions.
    Posted by Edie Bee[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto this. Unless you absolutely know she'll like the engraving, I wouldn't. I'm not a fan of engraving and would have been annoyed if someone got our flutes and got them engraved. And if it's something off a registry, imagine if she got two of them and both had been engraved, then she can't take any back. Just my two cents. :)</div>
  • Love the idea of the gift, but hold of on engraving. After you give her the gift you can offer that if she likes you can get them engraved for her, just  in case someone else gets the same idea as you.

• customized toasting flutes! Mr. Mrs with your last name and wedding date engraved on the base.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards