Iowa-Des Moines

Q's About Officiants

I have a couple questions about officiants. A little background... we are not having a religious ceremony and plan to have just enough of a ceremony to be considered married. So here are my questions...

1. How much should I budget for an officiant? 

2. Any recommendations for officiants? I found the list of judges from the Polk County Recorder but for some reason I feel weird contacting them at their workplace to inquire about performing a wedding. Anyone have alternative contact info for judges??

Thanks!

Re: Q's About Officiants

• edited December 2011
    Pastor Tod Smith is great for "non-religious" ceremonies. Even though he's a pastor, he will work with you on exactly what you want - really nice guy! I'm not sure what he charges, but I'm sure you could just email him. Here's his website http://www.iwedu.org/  
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kathy Love @ The Wedding Chapel .. have referred her to a few people who used her and they were happy!  In August my friend paid $150 but I don't know if thats still the same price.

www.dmweddingchapel.com

I think whoever you choose, meet them, and just go with the one who you're most comfortable with :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great Suggestions. Mine was Rachel She was great. I had her read part of a Dr. Suess book and she did an amazing job.

Let me find her contact info. She was $125
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for all of your suggestions!
  • ceceibsonceceibson member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The judges expect to be contacted at work regarding weddings, so if you decide to go that route you shouldn't feel uncomfortable about that.

I've practiced law here since 1989.  We're being married by a judge [but I just walked into his chambers and asked him, LOL].
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards