Honeymoon Discussions
Options

cruise

My Husband and I are planning on taking a cruise for our one year anniversary in December. Which cruise line would you recommend the most? We are looking at Royal and Carnival.
Anniversary

Re: cruise

• Options
    Royal and Carnival are the same to me, while I love both (I just love cruising) I always recommend Princess or Celebrity above them as they're much nicer, have better food/service, and have a lot less kids running around. You know Celebrity is going to be a nicer experience, as they greet you with a glass of champagne upon boarding.
  • Options
    Where are you going?  
  • Options
    The Bahamas or the Caribbean
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I like Norweigan because of the freestyle dining - but I also don't really like spending my vacations meeting new people. Norweigan allows you to show up to meals at whatever time you want, and sit with just the people you want to - just your husband, some new people you met at the pool, or a table full of new people you haven't met yet. However, if you're more sociable than I am, you might not mind assigned dinner times and sitting with a new group of people.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2013
    There's a thread a bit further down the page that may be helpful: http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_cruise-suggestions-1

That being said, I prefer Royal Caribbean.  Carnival is definitely a step down from RC.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_cruise-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:1acd6b9b-629f-4862-ab2c-124f4a00ff29Post:fa656e78-6da3-46f0-a9e9-0711dc67583a">Re: cruise</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like Norweigan because of the freestyle dining - but I also don't really like spending my vacations meeting new people. Norweigan allows you to show up to meals at whatever time you want, and sit with just the people you want to - just your husband, some new people you met at the pool, or a table full of new people you haven't met yet. However, if you're more sociable than I am, you might not mind assigned dinner times and sitting with a new group of people.
    Posted by krizzo17[/QUOTE]

No matter which cruiseline you book on, you make a note on the reservation or can call at anytime and request a table for 2 or if you're traveling with another couple or a group, a table that accomodates the whole group. I've never sat with randoms at dinner on a cruise. DH and I always have a table for the 2 of us, and when we cruised with another couple last year, we sat at a table for 4 which was nice.

All cruiselines also offer the anytime dining (like what Norwegian does) if you don't want to be on a set schedule. We never do this though because we like sitting at the same table every night and having the same servers. We enjoy getting to know our servers and seeing them every night during our trip. It all comes down to preference.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards