August 2012 Weddings

Honeymoon

Has anyone booked their honeymoon yet? and if so where are you going? We are still trying to figure out where to go
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon

• We just put our deposit down yesterday, now if only the vacation would hurry up and get here!

We are going on a 12-day Mediterranean cruise which travels from Venice to Barcelona, with stops in Greece, Turkey, Italy and France.

Guess I should get going on renewing my passport, eh?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're taking a cruise to Bermuda.  With all of the wedding planning, I just couldn't bring myself to plan a big trip right now.   We figure we'll plan on a big international trip in a few years (pre-baby trip) if we don't move abroad for a year or two with my company.
    Anniversary
  • We booked an Alaskan Cruise.  We didn't want to melt anywhere tropical in August!
  • We are going to Aruba.
  • We booked a trip to Hawaii - Oahu and Maui.
    Photobucket

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We haven't booked yet, but we have our time and destination set FINALLY!!!

We are going to Orlando, Florida the first week of November (we wanted to wait till it was cooler in MN)!!  We will be going to the Universal Theme Parks, Discovery Cove, Aquatica, and taking a day to drive to the beach we think!! :)  Very excited to get all our booking done!!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're going to Maui, and stopping at Pearl Harbor on Oahu before we fly home! Can't wait!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest

image140 Invited
    image107 Ready to Party
    image33 Missing Out
  • My FI booked our honeymoon a couple months ago and just finished paying it off. I am of no help to you though because I will not find out where we are going until we get to the airport! :)
  • Montego Bay, Jamaica, we booked last month!

• We are going on a 5 day Western Caribbean Cruise and then hanging out at the port of call (New Orleans) for 2 additional days.  And we booked 2 or so months ago.

Here was our list of our runner up honeymoons
    ~Costa Rica
    ~Antigua
    ~Tahiti
    ~St. Lucia

Good luck!
  • We are going to P*nta Cana, Dominican Republic for a week.  Because it is hurricane season, we definitely purchased insurance.  We booked it about a month ago and put down about a quarter of the cost - we are saving up for the rest. Good luck with your honeymoon planning!
  • We're staying at the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego. Far away enough to be a vacation but still close enough to feel at home. I had looked into Ireland, but it was pretty expensive, considering that we're paying for our wedding at the same time! We figured that we will go there another year when we have money saved up. 
  • We are going to my family's cabin for a week right after the wedding in August, and then going on our "official" honeymoon in December because it will be cold in WI at that time!  

We are going to Curaçao, in the Caribbean, for a week.  Haven't booked yet because we're waiting on 2013 prices to come out to see if we want to do December or 1st week in January.  
    August 2012 Board February Siggy Challenge: Cake imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We booked our honeymoon for 8 days in P*nta Cana, in the Dominican Republic! I'm so flipping excited!!! 

@CallMeMrsChaos - that cruise sounds AMAZING!!!! Something FI and I want to do one day - did you find it to be expensive? 
    ---------- imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • CallMeMrsChaos - we are also going on a 12 night med cruise! Ours goes to Barcelona, Croatia, Malta, Montenegro and Italy. 

i was pricing it both online and with a travel agent, and ended up going with the TA

nessaalwayz- the expense varies WILDLY, mainly because of the class of cabin.  We splurged and booked a balcony cabin, which makes it more expensive, but i have seen 2 week cruises go for less than 1k per person.  though it depends on the season.  Also, by booking with a travel agent, we were able to get some extra perks, like a credit to spend on the boat.  The cruise industry was hit pretty hard, so they are lookign to make deals and fill up rooms.

We are paying a lot for this, but its a honeymoon, so thats how we rationalized it.  I went NUT for weeks on end reaearching virtually every island, honeymoon spot, or romantic getaway in the world. In the end, the cruise was the best option for us.
  • We wanted a lot of vegging out on a nice beach, budget friendly, and somewhere that had a lot of excursion options... so went with Cancun, Mexico for 6 nights. We booked really far out because I found a good price on the governor suite at the hotel that I couldnt pass up (back in October)
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • i'm the kind of person who would get bored (and burnt!) laying on a beach for more than 2 days. soooo.... vegas for us! =) 

haven't booked yet -- still doing lots of research. probably won't go til september or so.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_honeymoon-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:2d7f48e5-85c0-47c5-af7e-2bad7a2379bcPost:43d08825-c7d2-4a30-9a10-224f19eaf64a">Re: Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI booked our honeymoon a couple months ago and just finished paying it off. I am of no help to you though because I will not find out where we are going until we get to the airport! :)
    Posted by colstj1[/QUOTE]

that's so cute!  did he tell you what kind of clothes you can pack yet?
  • We just booked 2 weeks ago. Kauai and Maui.
    Anniversary
  • Nothing? I just booked our hotel about half an hour ago for the night before/wedding night...unless we get a windfall, this will likely be our "big deal," lol. We've never stayed in a hotel before so it's still pretty cool for us. I dunno, I think honeymoons are cool and all and lots of the places you all are going sound fun but we're probably not going to go anywhere until a while after we get married. My older sister will actually be living and working in Hawaii for a year and I've promised to visit so maybe that will count for something! And then my best friend is moving from Taiwan to Poland so maybe we'll hit up Europe at some point, could be fun. Honestly, the wedding is enough of a planning project without needing to think about passports and boarding all our animals (2 cats, a rabbit, and a snake are currently the menagerie...)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • P*nta Cana, Dominican Republic.  We booked it in January, and I'm so glad we did!!! It is now $500 more than what we booked it for.  We're staying at Secrets Royal Beach :-)
  • We're going to the Bahamas. Just paid it off last week!

• El Dorado Royale resort in Mexico!  All Inclusive, no plans, no worries...just what we need and what we will love!

We even got a special upgrade to a swim up room that connects to one of the main pools!
  • Negril, Jamaica for 7 days!  Probably one of the first things we did.  
    Follow Me on Pinterest Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards