November 2012 Weddings

Groomsmen gifts

Have your FI's started thinking about/picked out groomsmen gifts yet?
FI is having the hardest time picking something. He doesn't really like the idea of getting them different things. He's been in a few weddings where they've done the typical flask/beer glass, etc, so he doesn't want to do something like that. His brother gave swiss army knives for his wedding, so he doesn't want to do that.
We're all huge hockey fans, so I suggested getting them all cufflinks with their teams logo...this was a huge NO, since FI is a NY Islanders fan, and most of our guys are NY Ranger fans...FI wants nothing to do with getting them Rangers stuff, haha.
I also suggested getting them a high end shaving kit...he said he'll think about that one....I'm out of ideas!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Groomsmen gifts

• kfraskfras member
    First Comment
    Fi and I have started looking, but still at a loss. He has been in five weddings already and most of his friends are married so a lot of the things have been done before. He has always wanted to do a flask because it is the one thing he has always wanted but personally never received. But I don't think he should because not every guy wants one so I am thinking I will just get one for him as a gift.

Something he really likes is a cooler with built in speakers for mp3 hook up. My brother in law got him and his other guys this cooler that you can sit on as a seat and inside it had a bottle of their favorite alcohol. So it was kinda personalized even though everyone got the same thing. I like the idea of doing something like that, was thinking of giving each of my girls either a bottle of their favorite wine with their gifts or a small bottle of their fave perfume.

The cuff links idea is cute, would he do any other sports team besides hockey since he can't get on board with their choice of teams? My FI was also thinking of getting them license plates for the front of their cars, with their favorite teams on them. But all different teams, some hockey, some baseball or football.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How about personalized jerseys?  My brother was in a wedding where every guy got the baseball jersey of their favorite team with their own name and baseball numbers on it.  He loves it.
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_groomsmen-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:61ed05c4-8476-404a-8624-e35789496977Post:04a19369-9a11-437c-9d10-598891a24327">Re: Groomsmen gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]How about personalized jerseys?  My brother was in a wedding where every guy got the baseball jersey of their favorite team with their own name and baseball numbers on it.  He loves it.
    Posted by jdandrea[/QUOTE]

I love this idea!  We actually bought personalized Cubs jerseys for our friends that got married last fall.  They loved them!
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Isn't personalized jersey kinda out since OP indicated her FI doesn't want to buy them Rangers gear.

OP - what's your price point per groommen?
  • My FI can't decide what to get his groomsman either... 3 of them are his older brothers and then my brother and FI best friend. We have looked for hours online and he has no idea what to get them.... I'll mention the Jerseys...how much are they?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards