Christian Weddings

Poll! Church service

1.  What time church service do you attend on Sunday?

2.  How many services does your church hold on Sunday mornings?

3.  Is the service broadcasted online?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Poll! Church service

• I'll go first :)

1. What time church service do you attend on Sunday? 10AM

2. How many services does your church hold on Sunday mornings? one.  They used to have two, but it was trimmed to one because of budget issues.

3. Is the service broadcasted online? The one we attend now does not.  When we were living in NC, we never found a home church and watched online the service at the church DH attended growing up.

I thought of these because Saturday evening a friend and her BF were planning on going to an 8:45AM service.  I'd never heard of such an early service before, but I guess that's the only way to fit in three services in the morning?  I prefer small churches, so I've never gone anywhere that's offered more than two services in the morning.
  • 1.  What time church service do you attend on Sunday?

11:01am

yes, but not live-streaming. 
    imageAnniversary
  • 1. What time church service do you attend on Sunday?
    10:00am

2. How many services does your church hold on Sunday mornings?
    Only 1

3. Is the service broadcasted online?
    Nope
  • 1.  What time church service do you attend on Sunday? 9am

2.  How many services does your church hold on Sunday mornings? 2

Yes, but not live-streaming, its uploaded after the service is over
  • 1.  What time church service do you attend on Sunday? Depends on the week and if I have any responsibilities. When we don't have to go to both we go to the 11:00 service.

2.  How many services does your church hold on Sunday mornings? We have two with an "education hour" in between.

3.  Is the service broadcasted online? I believe they are recorded, but not live streaming. 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • 1.  What time church service do you attend on Sunday?  I don't have a home church right now (our pastor just left our church, and I don't feel a connection to their backup pastors...so I'm currently looking for a new one), but we usually go on Saturday night instead of Sunday morning.

2.  How many services does your church hold on Sunday mornings? 1 on Saturday night, 3 on Sunday morning

3.  Is the service broadcasted online? not broadcasted live, but recorded and posted online after the service.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
    9:30-10:45.  Sunday School is from 11-12.

The church we're at now has 1.  The church I grew up in had one at 8:15 and one at 11 with Sunday School from 9:30-10:45.

No.  They just started recording them on CD's about a year ago.
    DH and I have not attended church since the wedding.  We were in a singles 18-24 group (a.k.a. the college group) that met on Sunday mornings at 9:00, then (usually) went to the "big church" service at 10:30.  Since the wedding we have been upset with the church for the way they treated us at our wedding, unable to wake up on Sundays (no newlywed routine yet), and feeling like we've "outgrown" our small group.  So we're sort of in the market for a new church.  We're also sort of looking for a church with a later morning or even evening service to solve the sleeping-thru-the-Sunday-alarm problem.

Two.

It's Podcast, but not live.  If it were, DH and I might attend that way, haha.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_poll-church-service?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2e727fa6-2569-4083-b022-b63da0d15cb6Post:cf51282d-83e0-44d1-b683-4c554e7ae0f5">Re: Poll! Church service</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  Since the wedding we have been upset with the church for the way they treated us at our wedding, unable to wake up on Sundays (no newlywed routine yet), and feeling like we've "outgrown" our small group.  So we're sort of in the market for a new church.  We're also sort of looking for a church with a later morning or even evening service to solve the sleeping-thru-the-Sunday-alarm problem. Posted by sessionswedding[/QUOTE]

Look for one with Saturday evening services!  They're my favorite...and then you and FI can go out to dinner afterwards.  That's what we do anyway. :)  Also, does your church have a young couples group?  My childhood church (that I now go to a young adults group at) just started one for couples that are engaged or newly married...maybe you can look into that when looking for a new church?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
    10:30.

Just one.

Nope.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • 1. What time church service do you attend on Sunday? 11:15am

2. How many services does your church hold on Sunday mornings? One

3. Is the service broadcasted online? No but we are hoping to change that in the future.
    Church starts at 9:10

Just one.  It's 2 an a half hours long though.  Plus you can only do one litergy per alter and we only have one alter. We also have a vigil Saturday night.

3.  Is the service broadcasted online? *giggles* No
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• 1. What time church service do you attend on Sunday?11:00am

2. How many services does your church hold on Sunday mornings? Two with church school in between

3. Is the service broadcasted online? Not right now, and I'm not sure what the plans are.

Regarding the young adults group, I would love to help get one started at my church.  There are multiple relationships in the 25-35 age group, but no one meets.  I would love to, as FI and I don't get to go out much (make that at all) and it would be great for us.
  • We actually don't have a young married class at church.  In fact, we thought we did and checked into it.  The closest thing is a co-ed class for ages like 25-35, and we've seen the members of that class (they come into our group's meeting room after we leave) and they look much older than us.  Many of them have kids already.  There aren't a lot of people our age who are married at our church.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • 1. What time church service do you attend on Sunday? 10:45am

2. How many services does your church hold on Sunday mornings? There are Sunday services at 9am and 10:45am (8am and 10am in the summer). There is also a small Saturday service at 5:30pm.

3. Is the service broadcasted online? They are recorded and put online on Monday morning.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_poll-church-service?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2e727fa6-2569-4083-b022-b63da0d15cb6Post:21055736-95cc-472a-892f-10a8895e965f">Re: Poll! Church service</a>:
    [QUOTE]We actually don't have a young married class at church.  In fact, we thought we did and checked into it.  The closest thing is a co-ed class for ages like 25-35, and we've seen the members of that class (they come into our group's meeting room after we leave) and they look much older than us.  Many of them have kids already.  <strong>There aren't a lot of people our age who are married at our church.</strong>
    Posted by sessionswedding[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ours either -- it's the church FI grew up in but aside from Pastor's children (who are our age, and we love them), there's nearly a decade either way between us and the next oldest/youngest families/couples/etc. Sometimes I like it and sometimes I hate it. :/</div><div>
    </div><div><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;background-color:#ffffff;">1. What time church service do you attend on Sunday?<strong> 9 a.m.</strong></span>

<span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;background-color:#ffffff;">2. How many services does your church hold on Sunday mornings? <strong>One. There is another one at 5 p.m. on Saturdays. Neither time is entirely practical for us, so we might be finding a church a little closer to home after the wedding.</strong></span><font style="background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:#ffffff;border-style:initial;border-color:initial;border-image:initial;font-size:12px;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;" color="#ff6600">
    </font>
    <span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;background-color:#ffffff;">3. Is the service broadcasted online? <strong>No</strong></span></div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1.  What time church service do you attend on Sunday? 11:00 am (but we get there early because DH is the pianist)

2.  How many services does your church hold on Sunday mornings? Just the one.

3.  Is the service broadcasted online? Ha, no! I'm in charge of the website, and it barely works as it is. We're just a small cowboy church trying to keep it simple. :)
    Actually, it depends. I've been getting a ride to church with a sweet family, and they volunteer to help out a lot, so depending on what they're doing we go to either one, and usually Sunday School unless something comes up.

Two; 9am, Sunday School at 10:15, and another service at 11:15.  The first service is supposed to slightly more modern, but it's not really. :) We're not the only ones who change up which service we go to, I see a lot of people at different times each Sunday. I like this because it's like one church meets at 9 and another at 11:15.

3.  Is the service broadcasted online? No. Actually, most churches of our denominations don't allow video-ing of weddings because they think it takes away from the worship aspect of the ceremony, I could never see them doing a filmed service... but who knows, maybe in a few decades.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
    10:30

One.  We used to have two (8:15 and 10:30, Sunday school 9:30-10:15) but now Sunday school is during the service (10:30-11:15ish) and the kids come up after the sermon and join us for the peace, communion and hymns.  There weren't enough people at the early service to sustain it.

Nope, we are a pretty small church with mostly old people.  And no money to buy recording equipment.  This year we started using a projection of the liturgy and words to the hymns on the wall, it was hard to get people into it but now everyone loves it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_poll-church-service?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2e727fa6-2569-4083-b022-b63da0d15cb6Post:234d0b76-b32f-4bf7-a2ab-efddc12a9c79">Re: Poll! Church service</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  What time church service do you attend on Sunday? Actually, it depends. I've been getting a ride to church with a sweet family, and they volunteer to help out a lot, so depending on what they're doing we go to either one, and usually Sunday School unless something comes up. 2.  How many services does your church hold on Sunday mornings? Two; 9am, Sunday School at 10:15, and another service at 11:15.  The first service is supposed to slightly more modern, but it's not really. :) We're not the only ones who change up which service we go to, I see a lot of people at different times each Sunday. I like this because it's like one church meets at 9 and another at 11:15. 3.  Is the service broadcasted online?<strong> No. Actually, most churches of our denominations don't allow video-ing of weddings because they think it takes away from the worship aspect of the ceremony, I could never see them doing a filmed service... but who knows, maybe in a few decades.
    </strong>Posted by RyansBelovedBride[/QUOTE]

I hadn't thought about it this way before. DH's church, where we got married, doesn't allow video for weddings and pictures can only be taken from outside the santuary (balcony and outside the church doors are ok). But they video record and broadcast Sunday services. Last Christmas Eve they also streamed the service into the church hall because not everyone could fit in the sanctuary.

And holy cow at an 8:15 service, Emily!

sessions, there aren't many young people at our church here either.  There are only two other couples under the age of about 45.  I'm so sorry about how they treated you with your wedding.
  • I'm new to the board, but I wanted to jump in!

We got to the 10:55 service. FI loves the formality of a traditional service. We'll also start going to a young married couples Sunday School class after the wedding

We have 4. A 8:40 and 10:55 traditional service and a contemporary service at 9:30 and 11:11.

The sermon from the traditional service is posted online, but I think that's it.
  • I am new as well.... so, Hi! :)

We attend church at 10AM

There is adult Sunday School at 9AM and 10AM church follows that.

no, but you can get a copy of the service on CD (audio only obviously) if you miss church
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_poll-church-service?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2e727fa6-2569-4083-b022-b63da0d15cb6Post:bc97195d-8185-4127-a0e8-a3152a90f582">Re: Poll! Church service</a>:
    [QUOTE]And holy cow at an 8:15 service, Emily!
    Posted by ochemjenn[/QUOTE]
    Yeah.  I remember going twice in the 10 years my family has been at that church.  Once we had to be at a family thing by noon, and the other I had to take {then} FI to the airport but we still wanted to go to church so he could see some people.  The fact that the church is 40 minutes from our house just really helps justify not being at the 8:15.  But, there are about 300 people who are there every week...and another 450-500 at the later service.  Both services are exactly the same, except that the choir doesn't normally sing in the early service.<div>
    </div><div>When Dad helped with the soundboard, though, he had to be at both services.  And when he was a deacon, he would have to be at both on the first Sunday of the month to serve Communion.  Mom, my brothers, and I would just drive in later for Sunday School and 11:00 service on those days.  :)</div>
  • Regarding the 8:15 service, my old church has an 8 AM and an 11 AM. I used to do sound for the 8 AM service. Can you say coffee? ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Oh, how I wish I could answer these questions. My FI & I are in the process of trying to find a church we can be a member of. Most are lacking in proper Biblical theology. They are either some kind of emergent, "rock show" or new agey or full of faulse doctrine or just dead. We have been attending his parent's church but it is about 45-60 mins away (depending on traffic). We really want to find a church that we can really get involved with during the week as well & their church will just be too far away. 

Anniversary Visit The Nest!
  • Kristea, I'm wondering how these churches are lacking in proper Biblical theology.  Do they not use the Bible as the basis for the church's mission, teachings, etc?

I'm not a fan of the more modern services either.  I prefer a more traditional Sunday service.  The more energetic "rock show" type praise music etc is better for me in the middle of the week.  A nice "pick me up", you know?  I really enjoyed Intervarsity as an undergrad and miss it.  The Wednesday women's group at our new church here is a little too new-age for me, so I've only been once.
  • 1.  What time church service do you attend on Sunday? 11:00am

2.  How many services does your church hold on Sunday mornings? One

3.  Is the service broadcasted online? Yes, but we still usually attend in real life. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards