Oregon

Where can I physically buy invites in the PDX area?

Hi, I am hoping someone can recommend a place to physically view and purchase invites in the Portland metro area.

I went down the path of buying them online, and was really uncomfortable with the process - mostly because I elected to customize ours somewhat but wouldn't be able to see the colors, etc., until the vendor sent a proof. I would feel much better being able to shop in person, select something I can see and feel, and be sure I understand and can talk through all that I am ordering.

Thanks in advance for any advice, ladies!

Re: Where can I physically buy invites in the PDX area?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_where-can-i-physically-buy-invites-in-the-pdx-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:119Discussion:c7479957-5ecf-4d12-b802-559a31a6fa1cPost:665f31c4-3dfc-40dc-baca-db49ce98ed2f">Where can I physically buy invites in the PDX area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, I am hoping someone can recommend a place to physically view and purchase invites in the Portland metro area. I went down the path of buying them online, and was really uncomfortable with the process - mostly because I elected to customize ours somewhat but wouldn't be able to see the colors, etc., until the vendor sent a proof. I would feel much better being able to shop in person, select something I can see and feel, and be sure I understand and can talk through all that I am ordering. Thanks in advance for any advice, ladies!
    Posted by drg424[/QUOTE]

You can buy cardstock at Michaels or Joanns and use a coupon to save 40-50% then print them yourself on your computer
  • Paper Source at Bridgeport Village or on NW 23rd. 

You can see a physical sample in store before ordering. 

If you are going the DIY route they have classes you can take and also samples of DIY invites. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Excellent - thanks to you both! I have heard of Paper Source since posting this and will definitely be checking it out! I love the Michael's idea but sadly I am not much of a DIY bride. If I had the time to design my own invites, I totally would!
  • I had a Hawaii destination wedding last summer, and I was nervous about the same thing.  I ended up having a graphic designer make my design and email me the PDF through etsy.  I then printed through Vistaprint (though you could do any print shop, costco, etc.)  It saved me a ton, and I felt like it was more custom this way.  You may want to try it.

Here's an example of a cute Portland-based site that has some designs:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards