Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Very Romantic Proposal

My FI and I got engaged July 6th of this year.  We met online and haven't been apart since.  Kind of funny because our first date was when I had my teeth pulled out and he came to stay with me after my surgery.  LOL!!!!  How romantic huh? The next day he took me for KFC mashed potatoes and gravy to the lake and we had sat and watched the sunset over the lake on a little deck with a picnic table.  We watched the boats and the ducks go by us.  We held hands and walked down a trail, and despite me having pain in my mouth we managed to squeeze a couple of kisses in there too.
My divorce from my ex was finalized on the day we got engaged and ironically so was his.  I wasn't expecting to get my ring that day because I knew it was going to be too soon to get engaged after just getting divorced.
He took me for lunch.  We ended up getting KFC and went to our spot at the lake.  We sat at that same table on the lake and watched the ducks and boats go by us and walked over to a little bench that we had sat on that first time we went there.  There were a lot of people around but not paying attention to us.
We were sitting on the bench watching the fish swim around and we kissed a bit. I told him that I couldn't wait to be his wife, and he asked me when I wanted to be his we and I told him, "Soon Baby.  Real soon."  That was our personal joke because that's what he used to say to me all of the time.  Well he said to me, "Is today soon enough for you to be my wife for the rest of my life?" ,"Baby will you marry me?"  Well he was crying and could barely get the words out, and I was crying as he put the ring on my finger.  I grabbed him around the neck with my arms and kissed him and said, "YES BABY I'LL MARRY YOU!!!!"  We hugged each other and kissed each other.  One of the couples over on the other side heard me and clapped for us.  I've always wanted a romantic marriage proposal, and I finally got the one I had wanted.  Good things come to those who wait.
We're getting married on March 11, 2011 and I couldn't be happier with anyone than I am with him.  People tell us we're crazy but we don't think so.  Life is just too short to let things pass you by.  I love him with all of my heart and soul and I can't wait to be his wife.
Denise

Re: Very Romantic Proposal

• Options
    Congrats!

Happy planning :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_very-romantic-proposal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:e4fe85b1-e519-44e0-9f82-1e50cfc72df2Post:ab6813dd-3072-4189-b397-9a06d3af43d4">Very Romantic Proposal</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI and I got engaged July 6th of this year.  We met online and haven't been apart since.  Kind of funny because our first date was when I had my teeth pulled out and he came to stay with me after my surgery.  LOL!!!!  How romantic huh? The next day he took me for KFC mashed potatoes and gravy to the lake and we had sat and watched the sunset over the lake on a little deck with a picnic table.  We watched the boats and the ducks go by us.  We held hands and walked down a trail, and despite me having pain in my mouth we managed to squeeze a couple of kisses in there too. <strong>My divorce from my ex was finalized on the day we got engaged and ironically so was his.</strong>  I wasn't expecting to get my ring that day because I knew it was going to be too soon to get engaged after just getting divorced. He took me for lunch.  We ended up getting KFC and went to our spot at the lake.  We sat at that same table on the lake and watched the ducks and boats go by us and walked over to a little bench that we had sat on that first time we went there.  There were a lot of people around but not paying attention to us. We were sitting on the bench watching the fish swim around and we kissed a bit. I told him that I couldn't wait to be his wife, and he asked me when I wanted to be his we and I told him, "Soon Baby.  Real soon."  That was our personal joke because that's what he used to say to me all of the time.  Well he said to me, "Is today soon enough for you to be my wife for the rest of my life?" ,"Baby will you marry me?"  Well he was crying and could barely get the words out, and I was crying as he put the ring on my finger.  I grabbed him around the neck with my arms and kissed him and said, "YES BABY I'LL MARRY YOU!!!!"  We hugged each other and kissed each other.  One of the couples over on the other side heard me and clapped for us.  I've always wanted a romantic marriage proposal, and I finally got the one I had wanted.  Good things come to those who wait. We're getting married on March 11, 2011 and I couldn't be happier with anyone than I am with him.  People tell us we're crazy but we don't think so.  Life is just too short to let things pass you by.  I love him with all of my heart and soul and I can't wait to be his wife. Denise
    Posted by denisentim0311[/QUOTE]

<div>How romantic!</div>
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  It's been really fun planning our wedding.  He's been very helpful throughout the whole planning process.  He's the one that convinced me to change our destination wedding from Tennessee to South Carolina because we've both always wanted to get married on the beach.
    Everything is done with the planning, photographer comes with the chapel and so the pastor.
    I can't wait until we get married.  My life has changed so much since we met and I believe that God made me wait for him until I was ready for true love and happiness.
  • Options
    In response to Coastiegirl - What I meant when I said "I knew it was too soon" was that I wasn't expecting to get engaged to him because we had both just gotten divorced, even though we had been together for a long time.  We had been talking about gettng engaged and went shopping for my ring in May.  I said "YES" because I love him with all of my heart and soul; and don't want to be without him. So you see, it wasn't a bad thing when I said it was too soon and didn't expect it.  Neither one of us have been happier than we are now.  We're soulmates and we're meant to be together. 
    God brought him to me when I was at the lowest point in my life and he was going through the same thing I was.  We started talking, met each other, and haven't been apart since.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards