Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

DIY Makeup- advice needed

I'm doing my own wedding makeup, not sure what kind/colors though. I love makeup and wear it everyday. So my question is, What can I do to make it look special?

Re: DIY Makeup- advice needed

• Coming from a Makeup artist, you can do lots to make it special. It just depends on what "special" means to you.. do you want to focus on a specific facial area or do you want the whole look to be special. Afterall,  it is your wedding and you should deff. go all out. Your photos are very important and hair and makeup play a huge roll. :0)

Tips:
    One month before: Skin <Get a facial, drink lots of water and lower your salt intake.
    Invest in a great skincare regimen.

Day of lather on the moisturizer let it sit for 10 mins and wipe off with a soft cloth.
    (not rough or hard)
    prime your face and eye with eye primer and face primer. Do your eyes and brows first (this way if any product falls on your cheeks it wont be on your foundation it makes such a mess) so eyes first!
    use a cream base eye shadow base after you eye primer. then on top of that use a shadow.
    checkout some youtube bridal tutorials i love the kim kardashian one.. its beautiful
  • Honestly, my wedding makeup was about the same as my going out makeup, except that I also wore fake lashes and blush, which I don't normally do. While I bought some new products, I didn't do much to make it special. I'm happy with how it turned out. Just experiment with looks before hand to figure out what you want.
  • In Response to Re:DIY Makeup advice needed:[QUOTE]Coming from a Makeup artist, you can do lots to make it special. It just depends on what "special" means to you.. do you want to focus on a specific facial area or do you want the whole look to be special. Afterall, nbsp;it is your wedding and you should deff. go all out. Your photos are very important and hair and makeup play a huge roll. :0Tips:One month before: Skin lt;Get a facial, drink lots of water and lower your salt intake.Invest in a great skincare regimen.Day of lather on the moisturizer let it sit for 10 mins and wipe off with a soft cloth.not rough or hardprime your face and eye with eye primer and face primer. Do your eyes and brows first this way if any product falls on your cheeks it wont be on your foundation it makes such a mess so eyes first!use a cream base eye shadow base after you eye primer. then on top of that use a shadow.checkout some youtube bridal tutorials i love the kim kardashian one.. its beautiful Posted by Moesoprano22[/QUOTE]

I like your advice. Are you saying to do eyes and then put on your foundation?
  • Good advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards