Kentucky
Options

Hello, my my name is Crazy.

SO, a few weeks ago, BF and I went to look at rings.
He called me over to the counter to look at one he liked.  It was perfect.  I love it, now I'm just waiting on him to sneak away and buy it...

And then, Crazy was born.  I talked to my Mom about our recent trip, and she was not suprised, she knew it was coming.  BF made the mistake of not coming on this trip to visit Mom.  He should know better, she is uber productive, and so am I.

SO---In the following four hours we figured out:
Venue- B&B where we used to go for my granparents anniversaries.  They went to this town on their honeymoon 63 years ago.  Grandpa passed away in March, and this is how I want him to "be there". (Redent discovery- dinner for 150 guests, area for wedding and reception-  $1600. Me happy.)
Theme- Vintage- the place is decorated kinda vintage/victorian/1920s era.  I'm horrible at describing it, but the decorations are already there, I'm working around it.
Colors- Chocolate and olive or a lighter green
Dresss-Ivory, lace all over. I have a picture of my "dream" dress
Date- Either first or third Saturday of September 2011
Cake- gift from baker in the family

My mom is a photographer, so part of her productivity stems from that.  She's been dreaming of taking my pictures.

What I am missing- ring.  And I need to shut the &*% up before the process of BF actually asking.  I don't want to ruin it for him.

I'm not sure what snapped, I never dreamed of being a bride.  My barbies never had weddings.  Princess Jasmine always got kidnapped in the back of my toy semi truck and Raggedy Ann saved her. But now, I'm looking at centerpieces...

So, my plan is to shut up in the outside world, stop talking about it to BF to give him time to buy ring and propose, and just come here when I get all giddy.

Surely someone here understands...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Hello, my my name is Crazy.

• Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand.  I also know your BF will be crushed if you don't calm down.  And, maybe he wants to be part of the planning process, you know?  So, while it's nice that you've found these things, don't get your heart set on them.  Wait for the proposal, and then talk to him about what you BOTH want.  If these things suit, great.  If not - you'll find something equally (or more!) awesome that speaks to both of you.

But really.  Take a break from researching on the internet.  Don't buy bridal magazines.  And just relax.  And wait.  Patiently.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, lol.
    He has been interested in what we've discussed.  He likes it all, and hasn't given me a deer in headlights look. He even picked out a gorgeous tux.

I just have to remember,
    Horses. Cart.
    Horses. Cart
    In that order...
  • Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand. FI and I have been together for almost 4 years so when he asked me in May if I wanted to be with him when he picked out a ring, I knew he was serious and it was happening "soon." We had discussed finances and timing, etc so I knew he was serious about getting down to business. I started going crazy researching places we could have the ceremony and I ended up stressing myself out and almost became burnt out before I was even engaged.

THEN I went with him to pick out and buy the ring. I was with him when he handed over the credit card and was told the date to pick it up. It was a month before he officially proposed because it was around the 4th of July and timing wasn't right. Talk about waiting on pins and needles! :) That month was probably the hardest because I knew it was going to happen SOON, but I couldn't officially plan anything. I already have anxiety issues, but they were heightened by the "every day I wait to book is the possibility that xyz might not happen because vendor xyz is already booked and I can't book anything until we become officially engaged and omg, etc etc etc." You will drive yourself nuts if you let this happen.

My advice would be to try not think about it, not talk about it, and just let it happen. FI always was open to talking about wedding "details" before we were officially engaged, but became more involved afterwards (and my suggestion that we actually plan more than a few months before the wedding :).
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    98 posts later, after reading some CRAZY responses elsewhere, I would like to thank you all for not biting my head off.
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bahahahaha, I bet I know which boards you mean.  ;)  No worries.  Locals are different from the International boards.  Sometimes I bite my tongue, but it's all good.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    KirstenlKirstenl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hun i know what u mean..i knew my FI had the ring for over a YEAR!!! I found it one day cleaning but never said a word...i just kept waiting..and waiting..and waiting. Then finally he had the courage to ask my dad (thats why he waited lol). But ive been planning it since I knew he had the ring. its ok to be excited and be happy that ur marrying the one that u love, sure u planned alot in 4 hours but atleast ur not procrastinating lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards