Rhode Island

Tower Brides

Hi Ladies - I just wanted to share some professional pictures from my wedding at the Narragansett Towers (Kudos to Mandy Mayberry).  I know when I was planning my wedding I always appreciated seeing pictures from the Towers to help me visulaize my day so I though this would be helpful to any tower brides out there :)

Re: Tower Brides

• edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness, your pictures are stunning!  You were a beautiful bride and there is so much happiness in all of these shots.  

Have you posted vendor reviews and/or a list of vendors on here yet?  

We are getting married at South Ferry with a reception at The Towers in May 2012 but we have not seen either of our venues yet!  We got engaged on December 26, 2010 while home for the holidays and flew back to California a few days later.  My fiance's sister is getting married Oct. 8 so we'll be home for her wedding and the week after to FINALLY visit 'Gansett and see these beautiful places in person.  Until then, thank you so much for posting these.  All I have had these past almost 10 months has been the reviews and pics from other brides; talk about blind faith! But yet again, here is another album that makes me realize we wouldn't want our wedding festivities anywhere else! 

Thanks again and congratulations! : )

-Erin 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am not a Towers bride, but your photos are stunning.  What a beautiful wedding (and gown!)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't posted vendor reviews on the knot, but I did on wedding wire, I LOVED all of my vendors and have nothing bad to say about any of them.  They were all amazing leading up to my wedding and even more amazing the day of my wedding.  I could go on and on about all of them here is the list:

Photographer: Mandy Mayberry
    Day of coordinator: Infinite Events
    Flowers: Whole Foods
    Caterer: Blackstone
    DJ: Victor from Party Time
    Dessert Buffett: Tip*C Cupcakes
    Trolley: Rockstar Limo

The only vendor I can't reccomend is our hotel (village inn and atlantic house) we ran into a few issues with them and felt their rooms were very over priced for how outdated they were.  However, the location was right so we just sucked it up and went with them. 

Let me know if you need anything else :)
  • edited December 2011
    I almost forgot - Sara Faella for hair and makeup was another one of my amazing vendors!
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I have been waiting for your pics to be posted- because Victor and Andria told me about what an amazing wedding it was!

I'm glad it went well!
    I am sad to hear about the Village Inn- Though I believe it. I called the other day and they no longer "do" room blocks, the girl ont he phone is so rude, and the rooms are really outdated for the price they are charging. We also did a block of rooms at the hampton inn. It's really sad that there isnt' a nicer hotel available in the area closer than the hampton inn is!
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011

PS. Did whole foods also do that Hydrangrea Wreath in the south ferry church?!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes - Whole foods did the wreath too.  I used Whole Foods in Bellingham, MA and they were kind enough to deliver all the way down in RI for us.  I'm not sure if they are still open to delivering flowers, but if you have someone who can pick them up I think they are a good option, very affordable :)
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Gorgeous wedding! Erin, you were the epitome of a glowing bride! And your husband and the groomsmen with suspenders! I love it. I'm also glad to hear you had a good experience with Whole Foods and Sara Faella. I can't wait to read about your other vendors too. 
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful pictures! I am wondering what the site fee for The Towers is. I called and left a message last week but I have not heard back yet.As of right now we are thinking about North Beach Pavillion because it is right there on the beach and the price is right. I am thinking about using Blackstone as well and it sounds like you had a good experience with them. Any comments? Anything you can offer would be helpful. Thanks and Congratulations!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations - your pictures are gorgeous!  As a fellow Towers bride (May 2012), can you elaborate on your experience with The Village Inn?  We have a room block at the Hampton Inn, but were planning on staying at the Village Inn ourselves (unless we find a B&B to stay at) and suggesting it (with warning that it's independently owned, older, and has come with some negative reviews) to our guests. When we were in town over the summer (used to live in RI, now live in NC), my fiance stopped by while I was having a hair trial and said that it was a little run down, but clean. We were told by Kate to 100% stay away from Atlantic House. We're fortunate that we're the weekend before high season rates start, so the Village Inn is comparable price wise to the Hampton Inn.  Any help is much appreciated!!  Congrats again!
  • i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    grahamcracker- its best to get current rates from the towers- but you can expect them to be around $2000-$2500 depending on your day of your wedding. I am overestimating since I booked at the 2010 prices.
    However, I do know that if you are looking for a 2012 wedding- the Towers is booked from april until the first week of October. Just as an FYI

Ocean StateBride- I have the same aprehensions about the village inn but am warning guests. Actuall,y, I was in ther and it was older- but it didint seem all that bad to me, esp if its just got a night.

I think we are staying at teh Tower house BnB however- and I suggest you look into that or the Ocean Rose Inn. The owner of the Tower house is So nice, and its a beautiful spot to take photos. He even said at the end of the night, he'd come pick us up to bring us home- so we wouldn't have to pay to keep a limo or trolley around!
  • edited December 2011

I was really disappointed in the cleanliness of the rooms, they look nice at first, but the more time you spend in them you see they are pretty dirty, the rugs were a mess and the whole hotel has a funny smell.  I knew this going in though, so I really can't fault them for that.  I also pre-warned my guests about the village inn and atlantic hosue and they all seemed to appreciate the convience and felt since they were only staying there for one night it wasnt the end of the world.

My issues had alot to do with dealing with the staff, they charged us to do a room block, which I havent seen anywhere else, they also charged me to leave guest bags in all the rooms, which also we didnt see anywhere else.  The only discount they gave us off the rooms was $5, even though our wedding alone booked up both their hotels for the night.

They told me that their mini-suites slept up to 6 people, so I relayed this information to all my guests, then when my mom want to book one they told her that this wasn't the case.  My mom ended up having to book their family suite which ended costing us over $700 for two nights and had really dirty carpets and a bad AC.  When I called to complain they told me that they would be happy to cancel my room block and we could move our wedding party elsewhere.

I had a friend that booked a room with two double beds for four girls and called a few days before the wedding to confirm the reservations.  They informed her that the room had been changed from the time they booked to one king bed, so all four of them had to cram into one big bed.

It was just alot of little things that I felt that becuase of their location they felt they could get away with.  I think other hotels would of been more accomodating.  Again - with all this said I think I was more upset than any of my guests were, they just saw it as a bad to crash on for a night, and most of them were a little over served at that point and didnt even notice the rooms :)

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_tower-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:f7ea4b2d-4ed0-47c1-b7ef-25ca4fd93029Post:3bc01cbd-91f0-455d-a7ba-dc10a346101e">Re: Tower Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't posted vendor reviews on the knot, but I did on wedding wire, I LOVED all of my vendors and have nothing bad to say about any of them.  They were all amazing leading up to my wedding and even more amazing the day of my wedding.  I could go on and on about all of them here is the list: Photographer: Mandy Mayberry Day of coordinator: Infinite Events Flowers: Whole Foods Caterer: Blackstone DJ: Victor from Party Time Dessert Buffett: Tip*C Cupcakes Trolley: Rockstar Limo The only vendor I can't reccomend is our hotel (village inn and atlantic house) we ran into a few issues with them and felt their rooms were very over priced for how outdated they were.  However, the location was right so we just sucked it up and went with them.  Let me know if you need anything else :)
    Posted by EBROSNAN[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thank you!!! I appreciate you listing all of these.  Congratulations again! : )</div><div>

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Liz C16Liz C16 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everything looked soooo lovely! It looked like a perfect day!

Thank you for posting your link to your pictures! Its a big help, we are getting married there on June 1st 2013 but we just moved to LA and now I'm going crazy looking for pictures of sites. When I visitied the Towers they had rectangle tables out and all the pics I have were of rectangles. Its good to finally see the round! Thank you again!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards