Michigan-Northern

Marquette Wedding

Hello ladies, my fiancee and I are planning a possible Marquette wedding, he's originally from there and I'm from Ohio.  I'm trying to get prices to see where is a better place to get married, his hometown or mine.  I'm at a complete loss as of where to look.  He's no help either.  I know if we do it in Marquette, it will be a beach wedding there.  If anyone has any reception venues, djs, photographer, flowers, cake or hair places that would be great.

Re: Marquette Wedding

• Hi,
    I am getting married about 15 miles west of Marquette but i am actually from Marquette. There are alot of beautiful places in and around Marquette to get married. If you want something not at the beach but still out doors, look into the carp river gardens. I just went to a wedding there and it was beautiful. Its in Neg township about 10 miles outside Marquette. Another place is the gazebo at the Island, Lake Superior would be your back drop. Or the new pavilion at the island. Which also has lake superior right there. Both of them you would want to get ahold of the city of marquette parks and rec. Unforuntely i dont know how you go about renting carp river gardens, but i could find out if you want. Some big places for receptions in the area are Marquette Mtn ski lodge, Lakeview ice arena, the armory, Masonic temple, the ramda inn, holiday inn and The upfront. I am going with Lake Effect Entertainment which is based out of Ishpeming but does all of Marquette County. He is alittle more expensive then I have seen from other Djs but the few times i seen him at other receptions I was impressed. Other djs in the area would be Double Trouble Djs and Legend Entertainment -both based out of Marquette. I cant really help on flowers since my soon to be mother in law is doing them for us, But i stood in 2 weddings last year and they both went to Luteys and there was no complaints. There are a ton of hair places in Marquette. It seems like everyday there is a new one opening up. I am alittle biased with cake becuase my dad is the bakery manager at a grocery store so thats where I am going. However there is Joes Cakes which i belive is based out of the Landmark inn. Plus Goofers, Econo Foods, Super One foods and Walmart. There might be more however again I didnt pay much attention. If you google wedding photography in Marquette you should be able to see local photographers and some of there work. Marquette is a beautiful place to get married. And though ppl think its small (er) there are alot of choices for things. Hopefully I helped a little
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards