Ohio-Toledo
Options

Bartending

Has anyone used Premier Pour Bartending?  Our Venue does not provide the Bartenders so we are looking for options.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

Re: Bartending

• Options
    I've never heard of them, but we have to provide our own alcohol so we are having 2 family friends bartend.  It's probably cheaper than a company doing it, if you are able to go that route.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_bartending?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:f8f0ba4b-8fa9-474a-92df-812a54847d8dPost:66cb5169-3a27-4088-8153-b07e90e95e93">Bartending</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone used Premier Pour Bartending?  Our Venue does not provide the Bartenders so we are looking for options.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.
    Posted by Beach517[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard of them either, so I can't help you much.  Does your venue have any companies that they recommend?  You can't be the first person to have to look for bartenders at this venue, know what I mean? 

I would ask how they typically handle tip jars?  For us, we didn't want our guests to feel obligated to pay for each of their drinks.  Are they okay with just being tipped by the hosts at the end of the night and not having a tip jar out? 

I mostly wanted to say that I definitely think you're doing the right thing though by hiring someone and not having a friend/family member do it.  Your guests shouldn't have to work at your wedding.  You can also be assured that your bartenders will know how to make everything and also know how to cut someone off should they drink to that point.

Good luck in your search!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    FYI: a "family friend" is a friend of a family member who would not be invited to the wedding but offered to do it for us:)  I'm sure OP has some of those if they wanted to take a cheaper route.  And I actually had a friend who would be a guest offer, so everyone's situation is different.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Bartending:
    Thanks.  We prefer to hire someone who would be able to cut people off if necessary and uses standard pours, and could help us with a shopping list, etc.  Our venue did provide us with one name, but I want some one to compare them with.  So far we have three quotes that are very similar.  I'm not opposed to hiring a friend of a friend either, I just feel more comfortable with going this route.  Thanks for replying. 
  • Options
    try Epitome Bartending  There in Ohio. Not sure if they are in that area.  We are in Kettering (Cinci wedding) and will use them
  • Options
    We used them for our wedding and thier services made our day A LOT less stressful! We could pick from various shopping lisst of alcohol and the amount needed for our amount of guests. We went and got the alcohol and they took care of the rest. He brought the cups, mixers, straws, ect. It was very profressional. We were going to have family/friend take care of the bar situation but it would have never went that smooth. He did have a tip jar.,,...I think he asked if he could set it up and that was fine w/ us. I would def recommended them.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_bartending?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:f8f0ba4b-8fa9-474a-92df-812a54847d8dPost:66cb5169-3a27-4088-8153-b07e90e95e93">Bartending</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone used Premier Pour Bartending?  Our Venue does not provide the Bartenders so we are looking for options.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.
    Posted by Beach517[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards