New York-Hudson Valley

Help with F/D Dance Selection

Hey Ladies! I am braving it tonight to get on here and write a post because it didn't work for some reason last time and I got frustrated.

Anway, I am looking for suggestions for a Father-Daughter Dance Song. My dad looooves his golden oldies type music and I would love to choose one for our song to dance to, but can only think of one - Stand by Me (Ben E King I think). I do love this song and would not be adverse to using it but was wondering if there were any others I am missing.

I will ask my dad what he thinks but I wanted to go armed with more then just the one choice I came up with myself. Plus whenever I try to listen to songs I end up crying so it doesn't last long!! LOL I just am such a daddys girl and he means the world to me so it is super emotional because he is really the best dad ever.

TIA!! Hope everyone is doing well!!!
336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help with F/D Dance Selection

• BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine isn't an oldy but def makes me ball every time I hear it...I loved her first by Heartland
  • lawyer707lawyer707 member
    edited December 2011
    I used in my life by the beatles b/c I knew it wouldn't make me cry. Also the song Father and daughter by Paul Simon is one of my favs, but makes me bawl like a 3 year old so I didn't use it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I let my dad pick and he chose Tim McGraw's My Little Girl.  I totally bawled when we danced but even with that my makeup held up ha! 
  • edited December 2011
    Jaime, i've got the same song!! heartlands' i loved her first,

Since your dad likes the older songs what about Butterfly Kisses or The way you look tonight?
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • edited December 2011
    I am so glad I am not the only one who cries about this! lol

Great options thanks ladies! I also LOVE Tim McGraws song but was trying not to go the country route bc although I like country my dad doesn't listen to it. Martina McBrides In My Daughters Eyes always makes me cry too.

My cousin used You Are So Beautiful To Me, who sings that anyway? I can't you tube at work :(
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Tim McGraw - My Little Girl. My dad loves southern rock and country and it's one song that makes me melt. The lyrics are really beautiful too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We used "Ain't That Love" by Ray Charles. Classic, light and not sappy.
  • SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely love My Little Girl. It’s just too good of a song! As the only girl stuck between two brothers, it would be so fitting for me! I understand wanting something that you know your father would like too! My dad’s really into classic rock, so I’m also giving him the option of Jersey Girl by Bruce Springsteen or Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel) by Billy Joel.  The lyrics are not as great for a F/D dance, but it’s more a my father song—if that makes any sense. What about the Temptations--Stand by Me or My Girl? It might go well with that oldies vibe that he likes! Or something Sinatra?
  • BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    edited December 2011
    In my daughters eyes, I always feel like that song is about a mother and daughter but I could be wrong...
  • edited December 2011

I was actually really surprised that my dad picked the Tim McGraw song because he doesn't like country music whereas that's what I listen to the majority of the time.  He happened to hear it on HUD and just really liked it and asked me if I knew it and if we could use that song. 

• edited December 2011
    In my daughters eyes is more mother/daughter thats why I wasn't thinking of using it even though I love it.

I did think of using My Girl (because he calls me "Girl") but thought maybe it was a itsy bit too fast.

I'm going to go home and you tube all of these
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Bella and Chris
    Heartland - I loved her first

• mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to dance to "Have I Told You Lately" by Rod Stewart. Love it!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I used Butterfly Kisses, but my dad had me leaning towards I Loved Her First...both are lovely!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards