Colorado-Denver

Venues Ceremony & Reception

We recently got engaged on Thanksgiving.  I am now starting to think about planning.  We are currently living in the DC area.  My family is from Montana with relatives mostly in the western states, while his family is from the DC area with relatives mostly in Australia and Vietnam.  We have decided on a wedding in Colorado (either Denver or front range) so that both families have "equal access" and because I lived there and absolutely love the area.  Any good ideas for venues?  We are looking at around 100 guests and a total budget not over $10K (venues, flowers, dj, photographer, etc).
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PAIF/SAIF welcome
TTC #1 since 10/2010, Cycle #26
Diagnosis: Unexplained IF
IUI #1 (Cycle #24): Clomid, Gonal-F, trigger, 4M post-wash = BFN 11/9/12
IUI #2 (Cycle #25): same protocol, 10M post-wash = BFN 12/12/12
Break Cycle #26 = CD69 BFP
Beta #1 2/20/13 = 449, Beta #2 2/22/13 = 1012, Beta #3 2/25/13 = 2479
u/s 3/1/13 = gest sac and yolk sac
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Venues Ceremony & Reception

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations!

My wedding budget and guest count are similar. We are actually tryign to keep the budget at 8k. I am getting married at Boettcher Mansion in Golden.  We are having our ceremony and reception there.  We are 5 mo. away from our date and are still 1500 under budget with just alcohol and favors to purchase.  We are making our favors so that will cost us approx. $50-60 and we will purchase alcohol after we have a better idea from RSVP. 

I'd also try some of the Denver parks like Cheeseman and City Park for ceremony and/or reception locations.  When are you getting married?
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
  • edited December 2011
    If you are looking for great photography on a tight budget check out Yellow Paddle Photography (www.yellowpaddlephotography.com) they are a local company that finds talented student photographers that are on the edge of starting their own careers and trains and insures them. They do great work for very little, plus they send 2 photographers for the whole day. They can totally save you money and give you AWESOME shots!

Good luck with your planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on keeping to budget.  My initial budget was $5000 and I believe it was unrealistic for a Colorado wedding.  $7000 is my new budget and I'm determined to stick to it.  I'm finding some other good locations in the Golden area and Evergreen.  Beautiful areas too. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards