Texas-Austin

Old-fashioned soda??

Hello Ladies!

I am looking to find old-fashioned soda to have for our cocktail hour. The only thing that I've found has been shopping online at Old General Store (www.shopold52.com). I got a great quote, but the shipping is going to cost MORE than the whole order! Does ANYBODY know a store in Austin that has old-fashioned soda in glass bottles??? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Re: Old-fashioned soda??

• I think Fiesta carries it in the bottles.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2012
    One of the larger H-E-B's would carry a variety of sodas. In cans and both plastic and glass bottles. Some of the non-American brands may be located someplace other then the soda aisle, such as ethnic/ Hispanic/ Asian foods.

ETA: Central Market or Whole Foods may carry soda in glass bottles. It would most likely be more expensive because of the natural ingredients.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks, ladies. I'm going to look into it this week!
  • Spec's might have what you're looking for. I know they carry "Mexican" coke in glass bottles, I'm pretty sure they also carry other sodas. You might get a better price buying large quantities there too (case price).
  • edited March 2012
    Costco carries mexican coke glass bottles at about $1 per bottle. 

Central Market has a lot more variety but the per bottle price is higher.
    Anniversary
  • TFred423TFred423 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I suggest talking to the grocery manager at HEB or Central market and see if their vendors (Coke, Pepsi, Izzie) can special order anything for you-- if the grocery store orders it through the vendor it shouldnt cost you anything additional, but they can get you the items.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards