June 2013 Weddings

Engagement Party or Not?

Are you all having E-parties? What are you planning?
I've never been to one before, so not sure if I should have one!
June 2013 Sig

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Engagement Party or Not?

• We didnt have one. You are really only supposed to have one if someone offers to throw it for you.  We ended up just going to a family dinner with our immediate families.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oh.... hahah. I really don't know much about it. It was just on TK checklist.
    Would it be inappropriate to invite family to dinner?
    June 2013 Sig

• I'm didn't get one, as mentioned above its thrown for you. Now FIs parent did have some family over for a casual celebration, no gifts or anything just some snack for maybe ten people
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • outrunthemoonoutrunthemoon member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    We didn't have one or plan to. No one has offered to throw us one but our engagement has been for 2 years so our timeline on things is off. I don't really see the need for one. We see most of our family on a regular bassis and all the important people knew right away. 

ETA: I also don't know anyone who has had one except for one couple. And they've had an engagement party in our sate then have had a stag, bridal shower and a jack & jill bbq all in another state and invited everyone here too. Their wedding is also in another state. The majority of people aren't going to go to multiple of the events and feel it's being gift grabby. I agree lol. We went to their engagement party but can't afford to travel out of state with a newborn. Especially up to Boston wich hotels are expensive!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We did not have one as well. It doesn't bother me at all not to have one.
  • We didn't really have one. The day FI proposed his parents took the two of us and our two friends who are now our BM and MOH out to dinner. A few days later my parents took just the two of us out to celebrate. But we didn't have a real engagement party per say.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • we're not having one. My fi's family is out here and so is most of mine, except my dad lives in Virginia and my mom passed away in May, so since its usually so parents can meet, just not having one...
  • My fiance's mom offered to throw one. It's a good way to get people to meet from both sides (if they're willing). Our wedding party hadn't even all met each other. It was an okay way to get other people to meet. Honestly I could have gone without one though. Our families pretty much stuck together and didn't really mingle much. Which I expected, because the quiet side of my family was there. 
  • We didn't have one, but FI and I have a 3 year old together, so our families have known each other for a while and see each other a few times a year.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI's mom offered one, but we aren't going to have one. Our families know each other, and the whole bridal party knows at least one other person. We want to get the whole BP together before the wedding so they can all meet, but we aren't going to worry about a party for it.
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We didn't have one. That's just one expense that neither of our families need! Some members of the wedding party will most likely meet each other the day of the wedding. haha.   Oh well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • ^^^^^ I like that idea better than an e-party!!!! Sounds like it was fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We aren't having one. We are just getting a group of our friends and family and going to a baseball game. my team and FI team are playing each other. It's just a wanna come with us kind of thing, not really an e-party.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the feedback, ladies!
    June 2013 Sig

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards