Chit Chat

Guest List Settings

Can anyone explain the List A and List B settings on the Guest List feature? I don't understand what they are there for.

Re: Guest List Settings

• I know I saw postings for this already a week or two ago, but I can't find them now, so here ya go [:

Basically, the A list is the people you definitely want at your wedding, and the B list is people you would like to have at your wedding. Some people use the B list to list those that they want at their wedding but the venue/budget cannot accommodate (example: 200 on guest list, but can only afford 150, the last 50 on guest list would be "B" listers). 

Typically B listing is looked upon as rude, because if you cannot invite them with the A list, you shouldn't be inviting them at all. 

A list invites go out first, and as declines come in from A listers, invitations for B listers go out. This is where it is seen as rude, because unless A listers and B listers are entirely in entirely different social circles, it is very easy to find out you're a B lister and therefore "second best." 

Most people avoid the A/B thing altogether, but some people utilize it because they REALLY want more people at their wedding than can be accommodated. Just be very careful if you do decide to B list. 

HTH!
    *marc & catrina*
    *10.9.10*
  • Right now, I am just using the A and B list features to keep track of priority as we assemble our guest list.  My parents, FILs, FI, and I are each drawing up our lists of who we would like to invite.  A list is for people we want to have no matter what.  B list is for people who we would like to have but would consider cutting if the guest list is to long.  When we get all the different versions of the guest list assembled, we'll see how many must haves (A list) and add people from the B list as space allows.

We're not planning on sending out different waves of invites based on who accepts.  It's too easy ot offend people that way.
  • It is really hard to successfully pull of a B list.  People usually figure it out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards