Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette Party Before Bridal Shower?

Is it okay to have the bachelorette party a few weeks (or anytime) before the shower?  I will be training for a half marathon the couple months before the wedding, and I don't want the weekend with my girls to mess up my training.  So I suggested a date to my bridal party, but realized it was before the shower.  The timing of the bachelorette party appears to work better with the bridal party's schedule too (as opposed to after the shower).
Thanks!

Re: Bachelorette Party Before Bridal Shower?

• I'm not aware of any ettiquette for this, but my bachelorette will be before my bridal shower. We're doing a girls' weekend mini-trip for my bachelorette and and an earlier weekend just worked better for some of the bridesmaids' schedules. As long as your friends' schedules are taken into account, I don't see why anyone would be upset about this.
  • I don't think  it matters which comes first  the bachelorette party or bridal shower.  As long as you take everyone's schedule into account then who cares.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine was before my shower. We went on a wine festival tour in Temecula and the only weekend that tour was offered was at the beginning of November. My shower was just a couple weeks ago.

It was a little strange to have it so far before the wedding, but that was the only time the tour was going on, so we didn't have a choice. Nobody said anything and everyone had a great time!
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • Thanks everyone!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards