Muslim Weddings

dresses!

are  you  ladies  wearing modest / hijab  dresses  ??

please post your  pictures of your dream dresses :)
                    fun fun !

i will post mines later  im going  to dinner with my granny 

Re: dresses!

• edited December 2011
    I'm Pakistani so mine was red.
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like your dress alot!! I have been looking at wedding dress too and I love so many, it is going to be hard making a decision. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_muslim-weddings_dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:660Discussion:f80348eb-35ef-40a2-8485-96525b40be18Post:dfb015f5-d4c5-4f93-b0e4-4695a8acfa99">Re: dresses!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm Pakistani so mine was red.
    Posted by mdin1029[/QUOTE]
    Beautiful :D I wish I could wear something tradtional
    10.2011 Siggy
    BM Dresses
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    *Updated 1/21*
  • edited December 2011
    Im having a traditonal bengali muslim wedding and Im wearing a extravagant red saree type dress... May or may not cover my hair hijab is just a cultural addition or personal choice
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having a traditional white wedding dress. The one I saw in the store was sleeveless but I'm having my custom dress lady make the whole thing off of pictures and measurements so that I can have the dress of my dreams! She's adding long sleeves to it in sort of a jacket style and my hijab will cover the small area on my chest that is not covered my hijab. I wear abaya everyday so I don't know if I'll be comfortable having the dress be tight against me even if my skin is covered. I'm considering wearing a white khimar for the portion of the celebration that the men are in the room. The men will leave for a short while which is when I will get to take off the hijab, inshaALLAH. I think custom made is the way to go. I'll let you guys know how the lady turned out. I emailed her previous clients who all raved about her work but I haven't seen it for myself. When that does happen, I'll post her information and whether I would suggest her or not. The sleeveless dress in the store was $900. If I added sleeves, and alterations, it would have been nearly $1500. A3la jisti! Over my dead body would I pay $1500 for 6 hours of my life!! No thanks. I got the custom lady to make it, exactly how I wanted it (pretty much showed her 15 pictures of different aspects of different dresses until we agreed on the dress of my dreams) for $450 INCLUDING shipping costs and insurance on shipping.
  • edited December 2011
    i've always dreamed of being in a "traditional" white wedding dress....the few that i've likes have sleeves....even if i wasn't muslim i'm a very modest person...the one thing that i'm having aproblem with is that i really would like to do some thig very fashionable with my kihmar..
    Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)said:"Nikah(marriage)is my Sunnah. He/She who shuns my Sunnah is not of me.?
  • LindaLovesLindaLoves member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I will be marrying a Bengali Muslim man, however I am Catholic.  We will probably have one blended ceremony/reception. What type of dress would be recommended?  I am not set on the traditional American white dress, but I have never worn any garment from his tradition before.  Any advice? Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards