40-Plus Brides

Brainstorming a new tag line

Based on the other discussion there is some concern that the board tag line as written might be more exclusionary than we need. Let's brainstorm some new taglines. I have no idea how we could get it changed, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

After we assemble a few, maybe we can do a poll. Multiple entries are fine, and let's percolate on it for a couple of weeks to give people time to both find and grok the board.

Using anyone else's idea as a starting point for a modification is also fine. That's how brainstorming works....

My first suggestion:

Bask in the wisdom and humor, and the trials and tribulations, of seasoned brides.
Retro/Vintage Inspirations

imageimageimage

Re: Brainstorming a new tag line

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_brainstorming-new-tag-line?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:18f1c69b-ba3a-4a57-ad46-a8158cd0cf47Post:ab3480a0-9fe4-4e14-9734-71953a107218">Re: Brainstorming a new tag line</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like bask in the wisdom.  We sound super smart.  Seasoned bride though, not my favorite.  How about brides with some life experience? 
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

THIS...or 'The Wisdom of No Frills'

S and CJ
    S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee
  • Hey, some people want some frills, we aren't judging....

(For the über-frilly though, keep the Luxury Board URL handy.)

imageimageimage

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_brainstorming-new-tag-line?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:18f1c69b-ba3a-4a57-ad46-a8158cd0cf47Post:703900ad-6732-4b5f-b209-b66140ded105">Re: Brainstorming a new tag line</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey, some people want some frills, we aren't judging.... (For the über -frilly though, keep the Luxury Board URL handy.)
    Posted by memSomerville[/QUOTE]

...true...

S and CJ
    S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee
  • Ha. Fun 15 minutes--searched for "euphemisms for old". Here are some I found--I do not endorse them all, but they cracked me up.  I'll offer my favorite at the end...

Fogey

Emeritus

Senior

Wrinkle time

Seasoned

Mature

Experienced

Golden

Geezers

Antique

Coffin dodgers

Codgers

Twirlies (apparently this is a UK phrase = This is because when they try to get on a bus before their free pass allows they are told ,"It's too early". (Twirlie)

Venerable [Venerable brides....heh--my new favorite]

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards