Second Weddings

My very tme consuming invitations are complete! PIP (cross posted from October board)

Here they are!  Only around 1500 individually placed rhinestones and 300 hand positioned and taped ribbon accents later!

Our artwork is a custom piece done by Archie Comics artist Dan Parent (who is also doing our custom comic book program). 

The invitation panel:

The RSVP card and envelope.

The map/directions card and the reception passes.

The overall view as the guests will see it when they first open it!

RSVP cards in left pocket, invitation panel centre, reception card bottom flap, menu card on right side, and website information on the top flap.
10-10-10

Re: My very tme consuming invitations are complete! PIP (cross posted from October board)

• Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  I'm impressed Melissa
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, what a great work Melissa!! They are very beautiful!!! Congratulations!!! Bybthe way, loved your new pic !!!
  • melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you very much (on all counts)!

They were definitely a labour of  love.  We'd originally decided to have everything done by a printer, but things didn't quite work out, so I had learn how to do a bit of design and printing.  The maps were the biggest obstacle, so they became a sort of quest.  Haha.
    10-10-10
  • edited December 2011
    They look beautiful Melissa.  All your hard work payed off.  So now that that check is done, what are you on to now? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Absolutely FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stunningly impressive and beautiful. Great job!
  • edited December 2011

Wow! That looks amazing. I seriously admire your creativity, I get anxious just thinking about all that paper, LOL.

• edited December 2011
    Gorgeous, you have my respect lady! 1500 Rhinestones. wow. a lot of work.
    I just finished mine and got them out. I have pics on my camera will upload them soon. ...

Congrats on a job well done, doesn't it feel good to have them all finished??
    I felt a lot of relief when they went out. Responses coming in now!!
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very beautiful indeed!!  Congratulations on getting them finished! 
  • melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone!  We got the first RSVPs and they were a "yes," so that's a relief!  Haha.

My next work-in-progress is settling n my day of hair and make up.  I've got a make up artist for the other ladies, but I'm being airbrushed and can't find anyone closer than Toroton who does what I want - which is only about an hour/hour and a half away, but adds nearly $200 to the total for travel.  Ugh.

I bought a new tiara last night because my crown won't work with my hair down.  I know it's all very superficial, but I want to look good!
    10-10-10
  • AdelphiTNAdelphiTN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOVE THEM. As you know, I love the combination of beauty and humor. ;)

make sure you save a completed one for yourself!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards