Students
Options

Virginia Tech :(

In case people haven't heard, there's been another shooting at Virginia Tech. 2 dead, 1 a police officer, and the shooter is still at large. It just hurts my heart to think of VT going through this again. I hope none of our student Knotties here are affected by this and we should all send some vibes their way!
Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone

Re: Virginia Tech :(

• Options
    I can't believe the students and faculty at VT are living this nightmare twice. They're in my T&P's today. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Options
    I seen that, commented about it class before it started and no one seemed to care. It's sad that they worked so hard to get past the last shooting now to only go through another one. Greanted this one seems like it will be less students/people dead but in the same regard it's hard to read/listen/watch.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_virginia-tech?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:800b8562-397a-4c31-8220-15ac69b98ed7Post:be4b8df5-7e30-403b-b2cc-44c656dc040f">Re: Virginia Tech :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I seen that, commented about it class before it started and no one seemed to care. It's sad that they worked so hard to get past the last shooting now to only go through another one. Greanted this one seems like it will be less students/people dead but in the same regard it's hard to read/listen/watch.
    Posted by starryangelz72[/QUOTE]

<div>I think it's less sensational because this guy just shot two people and it seems like he left. The other one was a literal massacre and everyone was in a total state of panic at the time. 

People have become accustomed to this sort of news. Desensitized, if you will. Unless there's 10+ victims, we just shrug it off.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_virginia-tech?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:684Discussion:800b8562-397a-4c31-8220-15ac69b98ed7Post:c27e23df-63dd-4bfc-933e-7d30d81b1685">Re: Virginia Tech :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Virginia Tech :( : I think it's less sensational because this guy just shot two people and it seems like he left. The other one was a literal massacre and everyone was in a total state of panic at the time.  People have become accustomed to this sort of news. Desensitized, if you will. Unless there's 10+ victims, we just shrug it off.
    Posted by BunnyChii[/QUOTE]

When I read the article it said he was still at large. Yes it wasn't many people who were killed, but that doesn't mean it's not a tragedy, it was two students and a police officer that will never be able to see their families again. This school suffered from that massacre and is probably still trying to get over it day by day, so for it to happen there again it's still big news.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I heard about this today. I go to ECU and we had a gunman scare a couple of weeks ago. Those three hours when we thought there was a gunman on campus were horrible. I can only imagine what the VT students are going through. Even if it wasn't a 'massacre' these students are no doubt scared and upset. The students and staff are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    All I heard is via a FB status. Someone posted "VIRGINIA TECH. AGAIN." I panicked a little, but was relieved to hear the damage was minimal, but still sad that people lost their lives.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_virginia-tech?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:800b8562-397a-4c31-8220-15ac69b98ed7Post:cd84aa1d-d1e6-4792-a7c3-7fab38893843">Re: Virginia Tech :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Virginia Tech :( : When I read the article it said he was still at large. Yes it wasn't many people who were killed, but that doesn't mean it's not a tragedy, it was two students and a police officer that will never be able to see their families again. This school suffered from that massacre and is probably still trying to get over it day by day, so for it to happen there again it's still big news.
    Posted by starryangelz72[/QUOTE]

<div>Never said it was right, but it's the truth. My cousin's cousin was just killed not too long ago in a robbery. The shooter was still at large, but most people were like, "meh" cause it was just one victim. People are desensitized so unless you're from the area most people shrug it off.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards