New Jersey

Looking for Photographer (Tri-State Area)

We are getting married 8/13/11 in Bridgewater, NJ (Central NJ) and are looking for photographer recommendations from the group.

Our budget is 2-4k (4k absolute tops).  We are looking for this to include everything (ie: book), including rights to our pictures.

Is this something you all think is feasible?  Photography is very important to us, but we have a modest budget to work with.

Suggestions or recommendations??

Re: Looking for Photographer (Tri-State Area)

• carsarcarsar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married 8/13/11 in Bridgewater, NJ (Central NJ) and are looking for photographer recommendations from the group.

Our budget is 2-4k (4k absolute tops).  We are looking for this to include everything (ie: book), including rights to our pictures.

Is this something you all think is feasible?  Photography is very important to us, but we have a modest budget to work with.

Suggestions or recommendations??
  • edited December 2011
    This is very feasible.  A lot of it depends on what style of photography you are interested in as well as the quality and reputation of the photographer.  We openly list our prices if you would like to acquire an idea of how much a photography package that includes your "wish list" would cost.  Hope this helps and we wish you all the best!

KMD Creations
    www.kmdcreations.com
  • edited December 2011
    We used CLB photography. They are awesome and so fun to be around. Plus we thought their prices were reasonable. They are so talented and we loved their style.

on a side note- Your wedding date will be my one year anniversary. What a great date!! Good luck with your planning!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • NikkiPSUNikkiPSU member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Endless Wave is excellent for both photography and videography, Greg is AWESOME!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Cathy Pinsky - she is awesome.  Her website is www.pinskystudio.com
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we used mirkaphotographics.com.  I love Mirka and our pictures can out great. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer is in that price range, and he believes strongly in giving couples the rights to their own photos. I can't recommend him highly enough: http://www.mattraineyweddings.com/

Here are some of his photos from my wedding, plus a detailed review in the Vendors section of the bio: http://mbcdd.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    We were very happy with Chris Jorda, who is right in your price range.

www.chrisjorda.com

We love our pictures =)
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Jason Rhee. He is great and in your price range. I did also meet with CLB and they were really nice as well. They were more at the top of our budget and got less than Jason.
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Matthew Douglas Photography.  We love him!  Our engagement pictures came out better than we could have ever imagined!  We can't wait until the wedding.  He is definitely in your price range and he isn't to far from Bridgewater.  Definitely check him out.
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JF Photography in Cranford was wonderful to deal with and in your price range.  We are very happy and loved how unobtrusive they were.
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Jason Rhee as well. He includes a lot within your price range.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    98 image Invited to celebrate!
    57 image Will be attending
    6 image Will be missing out
    35 image Can't Find their mailbox

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards