African American Weddings

Ahhhhhh! Get the heck out of here!

I just caught sight of my ticker and freaked the heck out! So excited, but so nervous. Love him, but hate this feeling of not having EVERYTHING done. Wooooow. I need to breathe...and work on this cardbox...and seating chart. Which one first? *end vent...start serenity prayer*
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Ahhhhhh! Get the heck out of here!

• sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wowziers one month and 4 days. I am so excited for you. I am sure your wedding will be on one of Cincy's daily gorgeous weddings. Breathe, relax and get ready for the time of you life. I would say the card box first I am sure you will have some straggler invitees that slow poke sending their response back!
  • edited December 2011
    Dang! That is super close! But I know it is going to be fabulous and I can't wait to see pics! You will get everything done but I know how it feels to want it done now! One thing at a time and before you know it... you will be a Mrs.!!!!! So exciting!!!!

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_ahhhhhh-heck-out-of-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:c01f8710-0dfd-4cd0-9b62-1dea4e259185Post:1c17ef35-4770-4300-ab00-4af7051e42f5">Re: Ahhhhhh! Get the heck out of here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wowziers one month and 4 days. I am so excited for you. I am sure your wedding will be on one of Cincy's daily gorgeous weddings. Breathe, relax and get ready for the time of you life. I would say the card box first I am sure you will have some straggler invitees that slow poke sending their response back!
    Posted by shesheduke[/QUOTE]

I need to update my ticker! I'm not accepting anymore responses. Only waiting to hear back on what the "new" plus-ones want to eat.

Thanks for your advice though. I really do need to breathe. I am afraid not everything will come together...already not happy with some of the ways the plans changed, but too late to "fix" things. My advice to anyone...stick with YOUR original vision or whatever makes YOU happy. It's hard to remain excited when you are executing someone else's vision when you don't really want it.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_ahhhhhh-heck-out-of-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:c01f8710-0dfd-4cd0-9b62-1dea4e259185Post:375a1068-3297-4d24-af25-907f23a36cc4">Re: Ahhhhhh! Get the heck out of here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dang! That is super close! But I know it is going to be fabulous and I can't wait to see pics! You will get everything done but I know how it feels to want it done now! One thing at a time and before you know it... you will be a Mrs.!!!!! So exciting!!!!
    Posted by sweets18[/QUOTE]

The Mrs. factor is the big picture...I have to tell myself that every day.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm nervous for you...wait that probably is helpin. Breathe deep and do the card boxcuz its probably easier.
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omg! you are soooo close! i am so excited for you!
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks y'all. And of course I am not looking forward to the cardbox (not that type of crafty) so I ended up working on shower thank you cards instead. I'm thinking a bubble bath, The Game, and a little studying may be the way to go though.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Soooo excited and nervous for you!!! You're about to see the best day of your life come in fruition.
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • LSASLSAS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Aawww it's getting close!!! Just breathe :)

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    1st CONGRATS I am so looking forward to seeing how your day turns out for you! I know it's going to be a gorgeous wedding. You have impecable style.

2nd attack that cardbox ASAP b/c it's going to be tedious

3rd don't hold off on seating arrangements either, if you can dabble a little in both i'd say go for it. I know that is going to be annoying

4th SO HAPPY FOR YOU

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I say go with the cardbox as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cyndoncyndon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_ahhhhhh-heck-out-of-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:c01f8710-0dfd-4cd0-9b62-1dea4e259185Post:9cd0c198-5964-4d98-9299-2cdc5b3d8e7f">Re: Ahhhhhh! Get the heck out of here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ahhhhhh! Get the heck out of here! : I need to update my ticker! I'm not accepting anymore responses. Only waiting to hear back on what the "new" plus-ones want to eat. Thanks for your advice though. I really do need to breathe. I am afraid not everything will come together...already not happy with some of the ways the plans changed, but too late to "fix" things. <strong><font color="#ff0000">My advice to anyone...stick with YOUR original vision or whatever makes YOU happy. It's hard to remain excited when you are executing someone else's vision when you don't really want it.
    </font></strong>Posted by eagles347[/QUOTE]

I couldn't have said it better myself, Eagles!  I wish there were some things that I would have stuck to my guns on.  We are not having the biggest wedding (about 115 to 120 people). but if we would have stuck to our guns and not let our mothers guilt us into having a bigger wedding, it really would have been scaled back a lot!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks all! I have decided to find some fabric for the cardbox and have FI or my daddy do the cutting of the box. I will put the fabric on it and am planning to ask my super crafty friend to do one of her fancy ribbon thingies and maybe some embellishments. So it will be a semi-DIY. I'm about a third of the way done with the seating chart though which is good.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards