Snarky Brides

AW:I'm Married! And it's a pretty epic story(Updated with PIP)

So, we got married on Friday. Yay! It's a pretty crazy story though. There were massive storms hitting NC and the entire town of Chapel Hill experienced flash floods. Two hours before the ceremony, we got a phone call that the church was completely flooded and we couldn't have the ceremony there. So, at the last minute, I had to work with the hotel where the reception was to create a ceremony space. We had to carry everything over from the church (crucifix, candles, etc.) The Inn somewhere found an extra piano for the music. The priest had to get approval from the bishop to have a Catholic Mass outside of a church. We had to call all of the wedding guests and inform them of the change. We also had to inform all the guests how to get to the hotel avoiding the roads that were flooded (almost all of them). But, we got it all pulled off and the ceremony only started 15 minutes late. Pretty damn impressive, I'd say.

Also, we had selected as our Old Testament reading the selection from Song of Songs. The end of the selection reads, "Deep waters cannot quench love, nor floods sweep it away." The entire "church" burst out laughing.

All in all, things turned out beautifully. This morning in church, we made the homily. Father claimed that ours is the most ridiculous wedding story he has from 50 years of being a priest. I'll post pictures after I get them from people. I should have the professional pictures in a few weeks.

My new sig is a picture my maid of honor snapped on her blackberry while the photographer was taking a picture.

Re: AW:I'm Married! And it's a pretty epic story(Updated with PIP)

• YAY! I'm glad you survived. Now when all these beebees come on here freaking out about petty crap, you can tell them you survived a flooded church on your wedding day and all turned out ok (although I'm sure it was touch n go there for a while). Congratulations!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_awim-married-its-pretty-epic-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c391f525-47f2-41a0-b98e-ac39e2d85400Post:2c7d4b9d-e7c3-4b5e-9655-1049ad857ce6">AW:I'm Married! And it's a pretty epic story.</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, we got married on Friday. Yay! It's a pretty crazy story though. There were massive storms hitting NC and the entire town of Chapel Hill experienced flash floods. Two hours before the ceremony, we got a phone call that the church was completely flooded and we couldn't have the ceremony there. So, at the last minute, I had to work with the hotel where the reception was to create a ceremony space. We had to carry everything over from the church (crucifix, candles, etc.) The Inn somewhere found an extra piano for the music. The priest had to get approval from the bishop to have a Catholic Mass outside of a church. We had to call all of the wedding guests and inform them of the change. We also had to inform all the guests how to get to the hotel avoiding the roads that were flooded (almost all of them). But, we got it all pulled off and the ceremony only started 15 minutes late. Pretty damn impressive, I'd say. Also, we had selected as our Old Testament reading the selection from Song of Songs. The end of the selection reads,<strong> "Deep waters cannot quench love, nor floods sweep it away." The entire "church" burst out laughing. All in all, things turned out beautifully.</strong> This morning in church, we made the homily. Father claimed that ours is the most ridiculous wedding story he has from 50 years of being a priest. I'll post pictures after I get them from people. I should have the professional pictures in a few weeks. My new sig is a picture my maid of honor snapped on her blackberry while the photographer was taking a picture.
    Posted by OutOfTheBlue612[/QUOTE]

Wowza!!
    Congrats! I am glad everything worked out for you. I would have laughed at this bolded part too honestly :P You look so beautiful!
  • Congratulations!  Glad it all turned out alright, even though I'm sure it was crazy for awhile.  You look beautiful in your sig pic!
  • Wow!  Epic indeed.  Congratulations!
  • that's a great story, and the final verse is perfect. What a coincidence. I'm glad everything worked out for you though. Congrats on your big day!
  • edited May 2011
    *standing ovation*

Wow, what a story. That's one to tell to the grandkids! And love the picture!
  • Congratulations! What a crazy story, but it sounds like you handled everything very well. I can't wait to see more pictures!
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    15 minutes late?  Holy crap, you're good.

Congratulations!  I love the story.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Haha, thanks everyone. I didn't cry once or yell at anyone. The reception venue felt so bad that they set up the ceremony space totally free (even though it involved a ton of work). The wedding coordinator also said that I was the anti-bridezilla.

So yeah, next time someone comes around here bitching about some tiny detail that might ruin their day, I'm going to have fun.
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Holy crap that's insane!  I'm glad it all worked out and everyone was safe.

You look gorgeous too!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What a crazy story to pass down through the generations, congratulations! Your sig pic looks so pretty :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh my gosh! I can't believe you were caught up in all that flooding.  It was scary for a while.

I'm so glad it turned out well!  Can't wait to see more photos!
  • Wow! Glad you handled everything so well and everything went relatively well. Your sig pic is beautiful! Congrats
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My goodness, glad everything worked out ok! Sounds like a story for the grandkids :)
    Anniversary
  • I'm pretty sure our wedding started 15 minutes late, and we had perfect weather ;)

Glad it all turned out for the best! Did you have a big wedding? Lots of guests?  

Congrats, and welcome to the married club! You look gorgeous in your sig!
  • Oh I should add, that the ceremony was ready to go on time. So was I. We were ready at 4:30 and started taking pictures with the photographer then. We only had to delay 15 minutes because a few guests were running late.
  • Dang! That's insane. Pretty sure I would've been freaking the eff out.
  • LOVE your dress!

And I ditto Sarah, just bust in here everytime someome flips out about something little happening at their wedding and show 'em how it's done.
  • I love this story! The Old Testament part is priceless, I just had to read it to my H, he loved it too.

Congrats Mrs!
    Photobucket
  • Wow that is quite a story.  Congrats and you look gorgeous!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats! I love your sig pic!
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • mnsearsmnsears member
    First Comment
    You look so pretty... and ready on time? Girl, you're good. That weather was in.tense. Were you planning to get married at St. Thomas More by any chance?
  • Congrats!  What an awesome story.  I'm so glad you were still able to have a ceremony with mass even without the church!  

SaveSave
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_awim-married-its-pretty-epic-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c391f525-47f2-41a0-b98e-ac39e2d85400Post:6a965d4e-8d7a-4dd4-9c76-d24b685ce6e1">Re: AW:I'm Married! And it's a pretty epic story.</a>:
    [QUOTE]You look so pretty... and ready on time? Girl, you're good. That weather was in.tense. Were you planning to get married at St. Thomas More by any chance?
    Posted by mnsears[/QUOTE]
    Nope. We were going to get married at the Newman Center on UNC's campus.

I can admit here, that I lied to everyone else and told them the photographer was getting there at 4pm. That way everyone was ready at 4:30. We also had a tremendous amount of help getting the ceremony set up from a collection of church friends and the people at the Carolina Inn.
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Congrats!  What a story.  Makes it all more worthwhile.  We want more pics!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Congrats, OOTB!  What a story!  Glad it all worked out--the new sig is gorgeous!
  • Wow what a day! So glad it all turned out. And you sig is perfection. I'm with Les, more pics please.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Wedding Party

Us

Cake

Impov ceremony space

I don't have a lot of pictures yet. Just a few that people have put on facebook. I'll post more as I get them from people.
  • Wow!  I'll definitely file this away in the 'when things look bleak think of this' memory folder lol. Help me to remember the important stuff =)

Glad things worked out for you! The pictures you've posted are fantastic! I love your dress =)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You look gorgeous! Your dress and cake are amaaazing. Congrats on a successful wedding despite everything :) Any plans for a honeymoon now?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards