Chit Chat

Harry Potter midnight showing 2 nights before the wedding?

So we are getting hitched Nov 20 ... well me and FI's 3 sisters all bonded over our enjoyment of the Harry Potter series. They all finishing flying in for the wedding thursday at 8pm ... how bad of an idea is it that we buy midnight tickets and have a girls night out 2 nights before the wedding (we won't be getting to our respective homes til 3am)

FI is saying I'm going to be exhausting, I'm saying that I'm sure at that point I'll be a bundle of nerves and this will take my mind off of it until I pass out! ....

I need other brides to be the voice of reason at this point ...

Re: Harry Potter midnight showing 2 nights before the wedding?

• I didn't sleep well the night before my wedding, I wish I would have gotten up and done something to take my mind off of things. I am with you that it might help take your mind off of things and make you tired enough to sleep.

What time is your wedding? If it is a afternoon or evening wedding, I don't see a big deal.

Btw - H and I can't wait for it to come out. It comes out a few days before my birthday and we are going the day after Thanksgiving to see it.
  • my 3 SILs love it so much they keep joking that they are going to see the movie in between the ceremony and reception! lol

Thats the thing we have over 10 theaters in the area doing midnight showings on Thursday night. So I have friday to run my errands, relax and have the rehersal.

FI thinks were all crazy :) But he does agree I am the prefect fit to round out the girls in the family - now we just have to find them 3 men that we all like this much ... lol
  • It's Harry Potter! you have to go see it!! lol, i think if it's 2 nights before you will be fine. I would sacrifice a little bit of sleep to see it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So you'd be going to the show on the evening of November 18th/19th (midnight), come home early on the 19th, sleep all day, and get married on November 20th?

Do it.  Sleep in on the 19th and enjoy yourselves.
  • HP is so worth being tired.  I'm trying to convince H that it's essential we go at midnight.  We live in a college town with only one theater, so I think he's afraid he might see some of his students haha!
    Photobucket
  • Just make sure you're all organized so you don't have a bunch to do (and have to get up early for) on the day before.
  • I say go for it. It's Harry Potter. You'll have plenty of time to catch up on your sleep as long as you get organized before you go. So you can just chill out and sleep when you get home. Have a blast!

image165 Invited
    image9 are ready to party
    image0 Aren't coming
    image156 Can't find their mail box
    RSVP Deadline: September 19th

I will make mistakes
    I will face heartache
    On Christ the Solid Rock I stand All other ground is sinking sand I will not be moved Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio/ Blog
  • Go.  It's Harry Potter... he can't be missed!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_harry-potter-midnight-showing-2-nights-before-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:d87a7ca4-877b-4bf5-902a-b8d2433e0058Post:2a0747e8-4172-4241-97fb-2df3bd6a502f">Harry Potter midnight showing 2 nights before the wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So we are getting hitched Nov 20 ... well me and FI's 3 sisters all bonded over our enjoyment of the Harry Potter series. They all finishing flying in for the wedding thursday at 8pm ... how bad of an idea is it that we buy midnight tickets and have a girls night out 2 nights before the wedding (we won't be getting to our respective homes til 3am) FI is saying I'm going to be exhausting, I'm saying that I'm sure at that point I'll be a bundle of nerves and this will take my mind off of it until I pass out! .... <strong>I need other brides to be the voice of reason at this point ...</strong>
    Posted by Themis278[/QUOTE]
    You are not going to get a reasonable voice from me.

It's Harry Potter, dude. Go see it and get plenty of rest the next day. :)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_harry-potter-midnight-showing-2-nights-before-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:d87a7ca4-877b-4bf5-902a-b8d2433e0058Post:18170021-9f49-413d-b69f-2e2e832a44a0">Re: Harry Potter midnight showing 2 nights before the wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Harry Potter midnight showing 2 nights before the wedding? : <strong>You are not going to get a reasonable voice from me</strong>. It's Harry Potter, dude. Go see it and get plenty of rest the next day. :)
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]

ETA:  Me neither.  Go see it!!!
    Anniversary
  • I love love love Harry Potter too. I think you should go for sure. Of course you're going to be nervous, so I'm sure that'll take your mind off of everything for a couple hours at least. And as for being exhausted, I really don't think you'll be. You're already hyped up for the wedding, I don't see how going to see a midnight showing of Harry Potter's going to make you dysfunctional. Lol. So I think you should. Go, have fun with your sisters before your wedding. :) 
    The soon to be Mrs. Q!

Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with PPs. It would be unacceptable for you to miss out on the midnight showing haha. I will be there with my Gryffindor shirt on!
  • I don't see a problem with it, as long as you don't have anywhere to be in the AM. The day before my wedding, we had spa appointments at 9am, but if you move things back that day (if you can) and you free yourself up until noon, go for it.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_harry-potter-midnight-showing-2-nights-before-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:d87a7ca4-877b-4bf5-902a-b8d2433e0058Post:b47d063e-4876-4487-9ea0-80b1adf5390d">Re: Harry Potter midnight showing 2 nights before the wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Really? Its a movie that will be in theatres for a while. I dont think you need our opinions.
    Posted by crose29[/QUOTE]

<div>Clearly you're not a fan. I've been to every midnight showing since the third movie came out.</div>
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_harry-potter-midnight-showing-2-nights-before-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:d87a7ca4-877b-4bf5-902a-b8d2433e0058Post:f3b969f1-07c6-4f66-a755-dc422b872db4">Re: Harry Potter midnight showing 2 nights before the wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Harry Potter midnight showing 2 nights before the wedding? : Clearly you're not a fan. I've been to every midnight showing since the third movie came out.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]
    Or a fan of anything.  I'm not a HP fan, but I understand wanting to see the very first showings.  Hell, I shelled out $100 for the Toy Story marathon, part of which was being in the first paying audience in the world to see the film.  I was really hoping to do the midnight showing of Tron Legacy with my sisters, but it's probably not going to pan out.  :/
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards