Florida-West Coast

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I've been so busy this past month I've barely been on here! But I got some really excellent news yesterday - I got a new, much better job! I've been in my current job for the past 6 years, and while I do love the work, I not so much love what the company has become (we were acquired and slowly rolled into the parent company, which has 450 employees to our former 25). They closed our office in December and allowed me to work from home, which wasn't as awesome as I thought it would be. And it's become so stressful that I literally get sick to my stomach on Sunday nights, and even most weekday nights. I've been looking for a couple of years (!) on and off, and of course in this job market, finding nothing and trying to stay grateful that I have managed to remain gainfully employed.

Then, two weeks ago, a staffing agency called me because they'd found my resume, passed me onto another staffing agency trying to place a marketing manager at a tech company in Tampa, I had a phone interview, I had a face-to-face interview, and yesterday I got news that I got the job!

It'll be much better for me right now - something different, a slightly different field while still doing my main passion full time (writing), a super nice office to go to everyday, locally based (my current employer is based in Denver and it's always been a 100% probability that I'd be asked to move there at some point), stable, and more money!

Sorry to gush, but I am SUPER excited. Now I just have to tell my boss... :/

Re: Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards