Rhode Island
Options

Crown Plaza Atrium Reception Room

Hello All!
The Crowne Plaza is at the top of my list for reception venues and always has been. Now that we're ready to start lookin' and bookin' i was just wondering has anyone had a reception in the Atrium room, it the room basically made from all windows. I am not seeming to be able to find any more than the one picture of the room from the website and its such an awkward picture. Does anyone have any more of it?? I am so antsy to see it and dont want to wait to go there lol. If not, ill just have to suck it up and wait lol .

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Crown Plaza Atrium Reception Room

• Options
    KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't seem to find the pic you're talking about, but it actually is kind of an awkward space. We planned a banquet in that room last May and I have to be honest, it's not my favorite space at the Crowne (we've had banquets in other spaces there before, including the Rotunda and Tiverton rooms and the ballroom.)

It's a little oddly shaped, as it sort of curves around the hotel restaurant. I'm on the organization's board, so we went early to set up and it was a challenge figuring out where to put everything so that the most people possible could see what was going on. I'm not sure where you'd put the head table or sweetheart table so everyone could see you, but I'm sure the staff there have several layout options for you.

Also, we found that it's a loud room, like poor acoustics, and you could really smell the chlorine from the adjacent pool. It also was freezing, which might be a good thing if you have a summer wedding! 

Anyway, I don't want to bash it - especially because you're so excited about it! I also attended my friend's bridal shower in that room several years ago and it was fine, but it was a smaller group, and so they put all the tables on one side and the buffet on the other. But you might love the setup of that room for your wedding. It also has access to an adjacent patio (you can sort of see into the indoor pool from that area), which would be nice for cocktail hour. Good luck with your venue search!

Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    MaryLaura13MaryLaura13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is that the room that really isn't a room bcause there are no doors?
    Wedding Countdown TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic">" /> Bouquet Inspiration
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    here's a wedding there shot by James Murphy:
    http://themurphysphoto.com/wedding/candace-matt-wedding-crowne-plaza-warwick-ri/

We are in the Grand Ballroom (in 36 days!) and couldn't be happier...I agree that the Atrium is kind of awkward. If we were having a smaller wedding the Rotunda would be great...love that ceiling :-)

Good luck!
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• Options
    Sarah0335Sarah0335 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at the Atrium Room at the Crowne Plaza about two weeks ago.  I must say that I was kind of disappointed.  i had been to a reception there about 5 years ago and I don't think the room has been kept up as well as I thought it would have been (plants were kind of wilted and sick looking).  I also agree with KBinRI that it is kind of an awkward space.

I however did really like the Rotunda Room for a reception at the Crowne.  We did not end up booking there, but I thought the details of the room were very beautiful.  I loved the dome cieling over the dance floor in that room! 

How many people are you anticipating?

I think both rooms can hold around 100 people
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sarah MDSarah MD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree.  The Rotunda room was the best, IMO.  The Atrium felt very cheap to me.  It has tile, like pool area tile, and sort of ugly maroon curtains.  When I went, one of the curtains wasn't closed all the way and you could see people lounging on the pool chairs.  I didn't notice the chlorine smell, but my fiance did.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sarah MDSarah MD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, when I went, I didn't make an appointment or anything, and we still got a guided tour.  Maybe you can just show up.  (I went on a Saturday afternoon if that helps.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards