Wedding Party

Ahead of myself...

Hi! So I know that by writing this post I'm getting ahead of myself, but my mind just keeps thinking. I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years, and I've been a BRIDESMAID 9 times so I've seen my share of weddings and I love being there for all my friends, but my worry is this.

I"m 32, turing 33 in July been with my boyfriend for 4 years ( he's 9 years younger) I'm so in love with me, but I know that I'm going to be an older bride, like mid to late 30's, which is fine, because I don't want to marry someone just to get married, I want it to be with the right person for me and I know that my current BF is. But my worry is that since ALL my friends are married, are they going to want to be in my wedding....as bridesmaids....?

Does anyone have/had the same worries?? Like I said before I know I'm jumping ahead,but I think about things like this.

Re: Ahead of myself...

• 2 of my bridesmaids are married, 1 is engaged, 1 has a long-term boyfriend and 1 is my 17-year-old sister. Just because they're married doesn't at all mean that they won't want to be a part of your wedding!
    Lizzie
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_ahead-of-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:82560bb0-49b5-4e33-88a8-c1ac7cc6e2ddPost:8390934b-042f-4b5d-b88d-05f2a150d5f1">Ahead of myself...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! So I know that by writing this post I'm getting ahead of myself, but my mind just keeps thinking. I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years, and I've been a BRIDESMAID 9 times so I've seen my share of weddings and I love being there for all my friends, but my worry is this. I"m 32, turing 33 in July been with my boyfriend for 4 years ( he's 9 years younger) <strong>I'm so in love with me</strong>, but I know that I'm going to be an older bride, like mid to late 30's, which is fine, because I don't want to marry someone just to get married, I want it to be with the right person for me and I know that my current BF is. But my worry is that since ALL my friends are married, are they going to want to be in my wedding....as bridesmaids....? Does anyone have/had the same worries?? Like I said before I know I'm jumping ahead,but I think about things like this.
    Posted by slgirl21[/QUOTE]

I know it's a typo but I had to point it out.

If they are your true friends and would like to be there for you, I don't see how age or marital status has much to do with them being BM's.
  • Are a bride over 30 or under 30?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_ahead-of-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:82560bb0-49b5-4e33-88a8-c1ac7cc6e2ddPost:ef767023-53c7-4829-9f55-0bd6952d06b0">Re: Ahead of myself...</a>:
    [QUOTE]2 of my bridesmaids are married, 1 is engaged, 1 has a long-term boyfriend and 1 is my 17-year-old sister. Just because they're married doesn't at all mean that they won't want to be a part of your wedding!
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]
  • I was 33 when I was married last Sept.  My MOH was my older sister, 1 BM is getting married this Sat., 1 BM is married with 2 kids and is 35 and the final BM was 34 with 1 kid.

Stop worrying ;)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_ahead-of-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:82560bb0-49b5-4e33-88a8-c1ac7cc6e2ddPost:48ebeb0c-32ff-4641-8fcd-e646ed695955">Re: Ahead of myself...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are a bride over 30 or under 30? In Response to Re: Ahead of myself... :

Under 30 by a couple years, but it shouldn't matter.
    Lizzie
  • Ditto jcb.  I was 36, H was 38 - both of us pretty much the last of all our friends to get married.  If your friends aren't into being in a wedding it's not because of their age or the fact that they're already married.  Some people really enjoy weddings and being a part of them, others not so much.  I wouldn't worry about it either way; you're putting the cart so far in front of the horse at this point. 

• I don't see why age or marital status would make a difference.  My cousin was 30 and married for 10 years and she was my MOH.  My SM had a friend who was in her late 40's as one of her BMs.

I did read the other day here that a sister declined BM invite because she thought she was too old for it (I think the sister was in her 40's) but that could just be that particular person.

If they decline don't take it personal...just don't have any WP. 
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Are you worried that your friends will feel too old to be in your WP?  I was 33 when we got married and all of my BM's ranged from 33 - 38.  Two married and two engaged. 
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• frantastic12frantastic12 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_ahead-of-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:82560bb0-49b5-4e33-88a8-c1ac7cc6e2ddPost:8390934b-042f-4b5d-b88d-05f2a150d5f1">Ahead of myself...</a>:
    [QUOTE]But my worry is that since ALL my friends are married, are they going to want to be in my wedding....as bridesmaids....? Does anyone have/had the same worries?? Like I said before I know I'm jumping ahead,but I think about things like this.

I don't think the fact that they are married will have anything to do with it.  I have 5 BM, 4 are married (I was a BM in all of their weddings) with homes, professional lives, etc.  One has two stepkids plus two toddlers, and my MOH is about to have her 4th child.  The oldest BM is 35.

I mean really, it's not like being a BM in your wedding should occupy much of their time, aside from the actual wedding day, so I don't see why they wouldn't want to. 
  • klwpazklwpaz member
    First Comment
    All but one person in our wedding party is married and all were pleased to be asked to help us celebrate. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards