Oregon

can't find a reception venue!

I'm starting to freak out a little. Because my wedding is only six months away and i cannot find a place to have the reception. Our budget is really small and my fiance for some reason is dead set on having the wedding from 1-2 and the reception from like 3ish to 5ish in the afternoon. So communitiy centers are out. And i don't have anyone with a big enough back yard. if anyone has an idea please let me know. I'm really feeling stuck/overwhelmed. thank you.
August 2011 sig challenge: Fave e-pic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: can't find a reception venue!

• thecatergatorthecatergator member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You didn't say where you need the reception to be held.  Do you already have the ceremony booked?

I would check on Craigslist.com under events then search with word "venue"

Here is a Craigslist add from last summer that I saved.  You might want to check into it.  No price is listed.

Great 100 year old barn and acre of beautiful grounds to enjoy your wedding and reception. Historic barn in Beautiful Gearhart ready for your wedding, party or family fun. We are located 4 blocks from the beach. The beautiful open grounds can host up to 125 for your ceremony - with a gazebo for your bar area or for serving your guests. Barn space can hold up to 100 people, or you can tent the yard and still have room for all. We are right on a tidal creek and getting married at the coast is the best!

Email or phone for more pictures and information. You can use your own caterer and have things your way.
    Call shannon at (206) 849-4555 for more information and pictures.

• edited December 2011
    What areas of town are you looking at?
    This place is in Clackamas and might be something to look into:
    http://www.golffusion.com/sah-hah-lee/content/view_c.php?s_id=1618421

You might also check out covered picnic areas at local parks since $$ is a big issue.

• edited December 2011

Oops sorry for not including more info. We have the church i grew up in booked for the ceremony its in beavercreek, OR. (close to oregon city for those of you who don't know). I'm willing to travel a little bit to like clackamas or somewhere close like that just not too far away. Thanks for those of you who have given advice already.

• thecatergatorthecatergator member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Oregon Trail Museum would be fun for a reception.  It has a view of Willamette Falls and they let your guests tour the museum as well. They let you self cater.  It seems like this was around $1000 when my daughter was looking into venues this past October.

I wonder if Clackamas Community College would have a large room that they rent.  That would be close to where your wedding is being held.

• edited December 2011
    If you don't mind being outside, there are a lot of state parks all around the area where you can reserve "group picnic areas", a lot of them have group shelters and compared to a venue, they're very, very cheap.
    Babies
    Offbeat siggy challenge: Furbabies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you exhaust all of the options we gave you in your other post about this?  What is your budget for your venue rental, and what do you expect that amount to include?  Also, what is your guest list size?  And are you unable to have the reception at the church?  If they have a fellowship or community room, that might be the way to go at this point.  If not, what about other churches in the area?  my uncle and his wife did that - got married at their church, but since their church didn't have a room large enough for the reception, they held the reception at a different church down the street.
  • edited December 2011
    I heard that the Oregon City senior center was a place that a lot of budget brides have gone to for their receptions.  It might be worth looking into.  It sounds kind of hokey, but I was told it's not so bad...but I haven't seen it either.
  • edited December 2011

Yes i tried a bunch of the other thing that everyone suggested DramaGeek and did not have much luck but thank you. I'm still considring the oregon city pioneer center but its where my sister had hers and i don't want to feel like i'm copying her because i want my own. That and they are not available for the time we want the reception. The church isn't an option because they have way too many restrictions that won't work for us. But we are looking into parks now thank  you all for your advice.

• eospassioneospassion member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would try looking into any ballrooms, they are beautiful and good for dancing. We are having our ceremony in a local park then heading over to the reception hall. Dinner being catered and dancing afterwards.

Try this link

http://www.gatheringguide.com/event_directory/rc/or_oregon/evl_event_venues.html

Or Google search on MAPS for wedding receptions near Oregon City, I saw the Stone Creek Event Center on there
    ~All the love you put out will return to you~
  • southpaw97209southpaw97209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about the East Portland Community Center through Portland Parks and Recreation?  They have a room big enough and an outside courtyard.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards