Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower/ Bachelorette party help!!

So I am just curious if it wrong of me to tell my MOH and bridesmaids that I don't want a raunchy bachelorette party or anything really dirty there including games and such. I'm just not into that stuff. I don't find it humorous and it just makes me uncomfortable. I wouldn't mind going to a bar but my MOH is only 16 and 3 of my bridesmaids are under age as well and want to include them.  What should I do??

Re: Bridal Shower/ Bachelorette party help!!

• edited December 2011
    You can suggest things if they ask about it. Don't assume that they're throwing you one if they haven't mentioned it though. Also, if this conversation gets brought up that would be the perfect time to tell them you'd like to do something that includes all of your BMs. Maybe a spa day, trip to an aquarium, or something. Seriously though, if your MOH is only 16 and the others are young, don't expect a huge bach party, they don't have the means or money probably. Maybe a night in with movies and different kinds of treats would be best. GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-bachelorette-party-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:a8d2eb26-6dff-43de-aaf1-4a667342112fPost:64527ff6-f4f6-4b5d-8e2d-1d90ff5ed122">Re: Bridal Shower/ Bachelorette party help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wait until they bring it up, then make it clear that you don't want something raunchy.  I doubt they'll think of that, since some are underaged. If they try to force it on you, though, decline the party.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

<div>This. And also your wedding is 11 months away, so I don't think you need to be worrying about it yet anyway.</div>
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    How are a bunch of really young teenagers going to organize a party at a bar or strip club, etc? The fact that you're concerned that these very young women are going to plan something raunchy is a bit troubling...

That aside, I think it's perfectly acceptable for you to express your desires in terms of this stuff. If you don't want a stripper, there should not be a stripper at your bachelorette party. I think it's perfectly fine for you to let your preferences and tastes be known.

Of course, your MOH and BMs should implicitly understand this about you... but then again, they are basically small children, so they might require a little more direction than the average bridal party!
  • edited December 2011
    Okay let me clear this up my MOH is the only teenager in my Bridal party the rest are 20/21 and this has been brought up and I have been made fun of for not wanting a huge raunchy party by my mom and aunts as well as my other BM's. I just don't know how to go about having a party that my Grandmother would approve of....
  • edited December 2011
    I agree you can't assume that anyone is going to throw you a party, but that being said it is your big day and as long as you arent a bridezilla about it maybe you can casually approach the subject. As far a non rauchy parties go it may be a little tough, it seems like male strippers are the norm, but there are definitly other options out there. I went on a bachelortte scavnger hunt this summer for a friends wedding and it was so fun! The MOH found this company Stray Boots who put together a bachelorttte themed scavneger hunt for us in New York City. We had a blast, the questions were so funny! 
  • edited December 2011
    I am in a similar situation. My MOH wants to take me out to get trashed, but it's not my thing. The first time she mentioned it, I just said "But you know that I don't like doing that... I've only been drunk once and it was the worst night of my life."  I'm trying to push her to more "tamer" options, and I know that she and my other bridesmaids will plan one heck of a party. :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards